Funny - FIRE calculations for the 20 something

theHundt

Dryer sheet aficionado
One of my friends in his late 20s sent me this today and I just found it amusing. His 401k plan is handled by fidelity. It's obvious that their calculator is not made to handle us young 'uns very well :)

the fidelity benefits calculator said that when i retire there's a 95% chance i will have an anual income of 50k-900k
I don't blame the calculator too much. There are so many variables to take into account. He set his retirement age at 65. I don't think anyone in their 20s already working toward retirement would seriously consider this to be their ideal retirement age, but when I questioned him on working that long he just said "what else am I going to do?"

I find this interesting theHundt, as a 20 year old college student who is very interested in financial related matters, retirement being a major focus.

I too have come across a lack of focus around my age and near me in age(18-30), where time is defiantly on my(our) hand.

What I would really like is a very comprehensive means of calculating various factors and permutations relating towards all forms of saving related means for retirement.

Back
Top Bottom