Funny "why are you here today" event.

petershk

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm currently taking an extended work leave/testing our ER.

It took less than 24 to get a weird reaction.

My daughter currently goes to a playgroup and today I took her and hung around a bit.

One of teachers asked if I had a day off from work. I said no.

She looked at me oddly and asked if it was a vacation day or day off or something.

I told her I was taking extended leave and I could feel her relief as the world started spinning the right way around again.

I'm not sure what her reaction would bring I told her I retired (which I haven't... not yet).

It was 50% funny to me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Sadly, teachers can't be too careful these days. It's good that you relieved her concerns. :)

I imagine you will get a lot more of these types of reactions until they get used to you being around more than you could before for the kiddos activities.

We are fortunate to have our kids attend a very low income school. When we show up in the middle of the day to volunteer or chaperon field trips, it doesn't draw many questions because we might be unemployed or unemployable. :)

Now that's very creative :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Yesterday:

Person: Of course, you would need disability insurance in case you can't work anymore.
Me: No, I'm good.
Person: Are you sure? What if you can't work another day in your life?
Me: I think I'm good.
Person: *confused look*
Me: ... I can solve it by moving to my home country. I have some arrangements there. Family and stuff.

And we left it at that.

Yesterday:

Person: Of course, you would need disability insurance in case you can't work anymore.
Me: No, I'm good.
Person: Are you sure? What if you can't work another day in your life?
Me: I think I'm good.
Person: *confused look*
Me: ... I can solve it by moving to my home country. I have some arrangements there. Family and stuff.

And we left it at that.

That's me talking to my insurance agent about life insurance.

"Gee, you got 3 kids and a wife to look after. Don't you think you ought to come in and sit down and talk about taking care of your needs? Term policies are very affordable these days."

"No, I'm good. SS survivor's benefits are enough to keep them in the house and well fed. And we have some means saved up already. :D " I'm not sure if he's looked at our file and figured out both of us are listed as "pleasure" for primary driving purpose and profession is "retired" and we are in our 30's.

I've been emailing him again today about why we don't need comprehensive and collision on our $8000 minivan (rarely drive it since we don't work and can easily afford the $7000 expense after deductible).

Back
Top Bottom