Google Chrome Issue

Jerry1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I always get into my gmail account using Chrome in incognito mode. I do that because I don't like how gmail/google always leaves you logged in and I don't like that my email account name comes up even if I log out. Anyway, now there's another annoyance that is occurring and I'm wondering if there's any way to get rid of it.

Every time I log into my gmail account, a pop-up comes up asking me whether I want to use the Google password manager. I do not. So, I click "No Thanks". I believe because incognito mode doesn't save anything, it also doesn't save me telling it I don't want the password manager. I had an issue like this before and I logged in using a regular window (not incognito) made what ever change I needed and logged out. Unfortunately, that's not working this time.

Does anyone know of a method to shut that pop-up off? I need to somehow register that I've clicked the "No Thanks" button. My only other hope is that some day in the future, they will stop pushing that product. Oh, it does not go away with time or keystrokes. It will stay there as long as I'm logged in or until I click the "No Thanks" button.

If you go into the browser settings, select 'Password Manager', then into the settings for the Password Manager. Turn off the option to "Offer to save passwords." Should make it stop for you.

If you go into the browser settings, select 'Password Manager', then into the settings for the Password Manager. Turn off the option to "Offer to save passwords." Should make it stop for you.

I tried that. It didn’t seem to work. I’ll mess with it a little more today. Thanks.

Yes, I also get that pop-up - repeatedly - no matter how many times I tell it I don't want it. I don't like to save passwords on my computer.

I just turned off a similar nag on Firefox :cool:.

So today it stopped doing it. Maybe Google is watching me and shut it off. Customer service. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom