Greatest love songs ever

Yes you may, but lets use this version. Here is LaLa Brooks 50 years later, she was the lead with the Crystals back in the day. Now come a little closer.;)

I admire your indomitable spirit and undying love for your music! Now try this love song from the great Eric Clapton. It's lovely, no?

Last edited:
Eric must be singing that song for 40 years or so. Almost as old as the oldies. (heh)

The Beach Boys were always noted for great harmonies. Many times I'm on my lani by the pool with the stereo cranked up via my outdoor bose speakers listening to their albums. My neighbors love listening also. (heh)

But a bit more seriously, there are some great Love Songs, and some have been posted here, and I couldn't even find a link to my favorite, but here is a cover - originally done by Rod Stewart:

YouTube - Mandolin Wind

What I love about this is no mush - it's about someone who hung by you in bad times.

-ERD50

A while back at the equivalent of a "marriage encounter" group, we were asked to describe our marriages in a single song. There were the typical "schmaltzy" tunes (nothing wrong with that - as long as it's true). I mentioned Mandolin Wind by Rod Stewart (no one had ever heard of it). But looking back over our 40+ years together, it was difficult not to see the parallels. Like most marriages, we've seen our share of tragedies (loss of parents, siblings and friends), near-death experiences (e.g., cancer, auto wrecks, etc.) separations (w*rk related, mostly), shocks that no one could ever prepare themselves for (several kids to raise with a week's notice).

When one of us was at his/her weakest, the other would be strong. We never considered giving up. Honestly, we haven't lived a "schmaltzy" marriage. I wish we could have. Instead, we've been a team that always made it through, no matter the challenge, no matter the odds. This song captures the raw commitment that we've had to each other and hints at how we got through sometimes (The reference to the steel guitar suggests humor as a way to deal with trials and tragedies). I suspect most successful marriages are closer to "Mandolin Wind" than to "Moon, Spoon, June..." songs. YMMV

Anyway, here is Rod's version.

Rod Stewart- Mandolin Wind - LYRICS - "Unbloocked" - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom