Has anyone here caught the Virus, or know anyone who has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of two days ago there are 10 cases, 2 hospitalized, in the development next to ours, mostly an older/richer private golf club community. They share my Publix.

My parents retirement development has one case recovering after hospitalization.

As of this AM, there are 269 cases in our county, up 33 from yesterday. Seventy four are hospitalized and 15 have recovered. There have been 6 deaths, up 1 from yesterday. The population of the county is 370,000.

Last edited:
60 Minutes on Sunday night shed some new light on symptoms. Dr. on the front line in ER in New York expressed how a patient could walk into ER, talking normally and suddenly (within 12 hours) be on a respirator. She'd never seen a disease act that fast.

60 Minutes on Sunday night shed some new light on symptoms. Dr. on the front line in ER in New York expressed how a patient could walk into ER, talking normally and suddenly (within 12 hours) be on a respirator. She'd never seen a disease act that fast.

OK so why was the person in ER if they could walk and talk normally...shame on the doctor and 60 minutes for broadcasting this kind of stuff. Completely irresponsible..

OK so why was the person in ER if they could walk and talk normally...shame on the doctor and 60 minutes for broadcasting this kind of stuff. Completely irresponsible..
They had the symptoms, but collapsed into respirator need very quickly. Did you see it?

They had the symptoms, but collapsed into respirator need very quickly. Did you see it?

No I don't consider 60 minutes a reliable medical source.

No I don't consider 60 minutes a reliable medical source.

What does 60 Minutes have to do with this? Anyone could have interviewed that doctor. What data do you have to suggest the doctor they interviewed is not qualified to provide COVID-19 information?

What does 60 Minutes have to do with this? Anyone could have interviewed that doctor. What data do you have to suggest the doctor they interviewed is not qualified to provide COVID-19 information?

I didn't watch but I do know there are a lot of doctors on all kinds of media saying all kind of things. It's up to you if you want to find them all credible. Since I can't vet them all I take everything with a grain of salt.

I didn't watch but I do know there are a lot of doctors on all kinds of media saying all kind of things. It's up to you if you want to find them all credible. Since I can't vet them all I take everything with a grain of salt.

What is it they are saying that you are questioning?

I stayed in New Orleans on 2/28, left on a cruise the next day and returned sick on 3/5. I had a cough on the plane ride home that progressed to include terrible body aches, a headache, and sweats. No fever. I slept Thurs - Sat and had a sore throat and shortness of breath on Sun. Because I didn't have a fever I thought maybe it was strep and took my dental procedure antibiotics and doubled my Plaquenil in case it was the beginning of a Lupus flare. The cough persisted for about a week and a half and my lungs felt like they were on fire. Without the fever I thought it was a bad cold or strep - and it may have been?

3/21 (16 days later) I received a letter from Carnival stating the the CDC told them that day that they had a confirmed case from Ohio on my sailing. Combine that with the new info that a fever may not be present makes me wonder if my sickness was covid 19.

I felt really lousy again this last weekend and because I'm still working (with an endless stream of people at the UPS customer counter) I wonder if I have been exposed twice now.

I would volunteer to take the antibody test and then donate my blood if it showed I had had the virus. Double bonus with the Plaquenil in my bloodstream.

Perhaps I am reading this wrong, but it appears that you are very likely to have had COVID *and* you work at a UPS counter, front facing (interacting) with customers? Please, PLEASE tell me I am reading this wrong...

Reactions: jj
Think I may have had a brief, mild Covid-19 bout this past Sunday and Monday.

Symptoms: Some shortness of breath (not extreme), crushing fatigue, chills. No cough, no fever.

I will only know it was Covid, of course, if I eventually get an antibody test that comes back positive. I will continue to self-isolate for at least seven days so I don't share it!

We've both been stay-at-home since March 13 with only brief grocery / pharmacy / clinic trips. The only activity 14 days ago was DH going to the store. It's conceivable he brought it home, exposed me to it and either did not contract it, or did contract it and resolved completely symptom-free. (Although he's 69, he does tend to be the hale sort.)

Perhaps I am reading this wrong, but it appears that you are very likely to have had COVID *and* you work at a UPS counter, front facing (interacting) with customers? Please, PLEASE tell me I am reading this wrong...

I didn't have a fever. I didn't just go waltzing back to work. I was screened and the occupational health and safety nurse felt it could not be covid. I still don't know and will have to wait to find out. At the time fever was a must have. We're a little behind the curve. I believe it was only yesterday that China admitted that some people were asymptomatic.

Several doctors have reported that coronavirus patients lingered on for a week like fighting a cold, thought they were getting better, then deteriorated very fast. That is quite common, apparently. You can find many articles describing the same phenomenon.

I am trying to find the account of one doctor who said he saw a patient who could respond coherently to questions, then faded out and became unresponsive in a short time.

Damn, I have to sweat out another possible exposure. One of my wife's coworkers is going to be tested today. She has all the symptoms .My wife last saw her March 23, they likely ate lunch at the same table. So it's been 9 days since my wife had any contact with her, they all work at home now. I guess she started showing symptoms this weekend the 28-29th.
So help me out here on the math. If my wife last saw her March 23, 9 days ago, we need to wait 5 more days to breathe a little easier? Doesn't matter when the person showed symptoms, it's when my wife last saw her, correct?
Hopefully she tests negative but it'll probably be 5 days anyway before she gets the results. Meanwhile, I've been going back and forth to my Dad's house daily. My sister is still in Florida so no one else to go over there . Damn.
I told my wife right before they ok'd her to work from home to just quit if they don't allow it that week. Hope it wasn't a couple days too late.

Damn, I have to sweat out another possible exposure. One of my wife's coworkers is going to be tested today. She has all the symptoms .My wife last saw her March 23, they likely ate lunch at the same table. So it's been 9 days since my wife had any contact with her, they all work at home now. I guess she started showing symptoms this weekend the 28-29th.
So help me out here on the math. If my wife last saw her March 23, 9 days ago, we need to wait 5 more days to breathe a little easier? Doesn't matter when the person showed symptoms, it's when my wife last saw her, correct?
Hopefully she tests negative but it'll probably be 5 days anyway before she gets the results. Meanwhile, I've been going back and forth to my Dad's house daily. My sister is still in Florida so no one else to go over there . Damn.
I told my wife right before they ok'd her to work from home to just quit if they don't allow it that week. Hope it wasn't a couple days too late.
My calendar shows my last Dr appt. on March 10th. I sat in waiting room and was maybe 3 feet from my Doc. All Dr appts. cxl after that. I do not have symptoms and consider whatever activity I did after that a concern. Just started wearing mask to grocery store but went into Dollar store and got Clorox wipes without a mask and ate carry out yesterday (a salad). Now I'm worried again. Can only take a day at a time.

So sorry to hear about the stressful experience you and your wife have.

This is what I would do: since many doctors now suggest that once you have symptom, assume you are positive until tested otherwise. You will then assume your wife had contact with positive person 9 days ago. She should be in quarantine for 14 days, with 5 more days to go. Many of your family members include yourself might be infected if her co-worker tested positive.

Your wife should wear a mask at home, and all of you should be in 6 feet apart from each other. Do not go out or close to your father until her co-worker is cleared of her test.

Good luck to you and your family.

This is what I would do: since many doctors now suggest that once you have symptom, assume you are positive until tested otherwise. You will then assume your wife had contact with positive person 9 days ago. She should be in quarantine for 14 days, with 5 more days to go. Many of your family members include yourself might be infected if her co-worker tested positive.

Your wife should wear a mask at home, and all of you should be in 6 feet apart from each other. Do not go out or close to your father until her co-worker is cleared of her test.

IMO this is no way to live and way too stressful. If someone in your house actually tests positive then do it. Otherwise you are making a bad situation worse.

That's pretty much how we're going to do it, but we don't have any masks. Well, I have one which I'm going to wear when I go to my Dad's. He's 95 and needs help with medication and I take him food. I plan to get in and get out and not visit like usual. Other than that it's a waiting game. Hope we dodged a bullet.

That's pretty much how we're going to do it, but we don't have any masks. Well, I have one which I'm going to wear when I go to my Dad's. He's 95 and needs help with medication and I take him food. I plan to get in and get out and not visit like usual. Other than that it's a waiting game. Hope we dodged a bullet.

Shawl and bandanna would be good also.

garyt,

You may have linen dish towels at home. Or you can cut an old bedsheet.

Also, what kind of mask do you have? If you have an N95 mask, that will protect you, but I don't think it will protect your dad from you, as the air coming into the mask is filtered, but I don't think the air going out from you is.

I hope everything turns out well.

I think it’s very likely that she would show symptoms in 5 to 7 days from exposure. Of course she has to assume the worst and self isolate the full fourteen.

Well my wife just talked to her coworker. She went to the Dr. and he said she likely has it but wouldn't test her! She then went to the local hospital and they wouldn't test her either! I don't get it. Now everybody she has had any contact with has to quarantine for 14 days. If she was tested we'd know if this was necessary. Although it would probably take a week to get results anyway.

garyt,

You may have linen dish towels at home. Or you can cut an old bedsheet.

Also, what kind of mask do you have? If you have an N95 mask, that will protect you, but I don't think it will protect your dad from you, as the air coming into the mask is filtered, but I don't think the air going out from you is.

I hope everything turns out well.

Good point about the N95 mask. I'm going to have to find someone to check in on him for the next 5 days.

I think it’s very likely that she would show symptoms in 5 to 7 days from exposure. Of course she has to assume the worst and self isolate the full fourteen.

Yea, that's what I'm hoping. It's been 9 days and my wife has no symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom