Have You Ever Given Away Old Tech That You Regret?

I love my shuffles (I have two) but neither seem to be working. I haven't used them for a few years but wanted to get out and do some more walking and listen to them. Did anything change in the last few years that I need to know? I downloaded iTunes and my songs are still in my account, but there doesn't seem to be anything on my shuffles.

I don't think Apple supports some of these older MP3s. I've had the music disappear not only from my device but from my account. Fortunately I'd backed it up. I lost my iPod nano, which I LOVED, and replaced it with the latest and have loaded most of the music back on but am having trouble with creating playlists and am afraid to ever hook it up and sync with iTunes again.

I've been fighting paying for streaming subscriptions so I like having music on long road trips when I've heard enough podcasts.

On Griswold: I have a set of their cast-iron skillets and use them constantly. I'd gotten them off e-Bay for DH, who'd always missed the ones he bought at a craft fair after his last GF took them with her when they broke up. Mom told me that mt Great-grandmother and her sister, who lived in Erie, PA, had worked as servants in the Griswold household. That tickles me.:D

I love my shuffles (I have two) but neither seem to be working. I haven't used them for a few years but wanted to get out and do some more walking and listen to them. Did anything change in the last few years that I need to know? I downloaded itunes and my songs are still in my account, but there doesn't seem to be anything on my shuffles.

Are you looking at your shuffle song list in iTunes? Did you load songs onto the shuffle just lately, or should they be on there from a previous download a few years ago?

One thing I can think of is that iTunes will not copy a song to the shuffle if it's lost track of the original file that was either purchased or ripped off of a CD. In that case, there's an indicator next to the song in the list—an exclamation point in a circle as I recall.

Are you looking at your shuffle song list in iTunes? Did you load songs onto the shuffle just lately, or should they be on there from a previous download a few years ago?

One thing I can think of is that iTunes will not copy a song to the shuffle if it's lost track of the original file that was either purchased or ripped off of a CD. In that case, there's an indicator next to the song in the list—an exclamation point in a circle as I recall.

The songs should have been there from a previous download. My list is still in iTunes. I got a new computer and hadn't downloaded iTunes so I just did that and was happy to see they are still there at least.

McIntosh tube stereo amplifier that I allowed my father to sell at his garage sale while I was in college. This is probably now worth thousands.

I've been feeling nostalgic lately about back in the say when digital cameras was a new thing.

Old point and shoots from around the 2000's are actually on the comeback thanks to Gen Z's search for meaning (that's a whole different post).

Years ago, I had a mint condition Sony Mavica camera that was one of the models that recorded on a 3.5 inch floppy. But eventually I donated it away to Goodwill when the battery died and everywhere I looked, new cameras were out with higher resolution and used SD cards.

Still, that Mavica was quite able for quick and dirty snaps and posting stuff like on ebay. Plus, the camera as great for closeups like taking a snap of a postage stamp. Actually, when I got had the Mavica, ebay wasn't that big of a thing nor Amazon. A dead battery was a big deal. Unlike today where one can easily get a replacement.

Another tech regret that I gave away was a Mac Plus computer. Similar to the Mavica, I felt didn't need as newer stuff were coming out. Yet, still have some donor's regret.
I wrote tech manuals for Schlumberger back in the day. The other writer had a Mavica, and we had lots of fun taking product pictures and moving those into Ventura Publisher.

I had a Mac 512, MacPlus, etc. Used to carry my MacSE in the black Apple bag. What a monster. I still have the smaller Apple bag and the larger SE bag. Lots of old cables and memory down in the basement shop.

Yes....sort of. For over 25 years I owned a professional photography business. I primary used a Bronica SQa medium format film camera. It was my main camera for so many years. Eventually I transitioned to digital and never went back. I sold the entire Bronica system cheap to a collector who probably just stick it in a display case and never used it again. Now I'm retired. If you want me to take a photo, it'll probaby just be a snapshot from my iphone. Lately I'm missing the old analog meathod and wish I had never sold my film system.

Back
Top Bottom