Help with Information about Cleveland, Ohio

Here’s the verdict ….

Daughter accepted the nursing position in the Cardiac Unit at Cleveland Clinic. She is thrilled as are both my wife and I.

Yesterday afternoon was spent looking at apartments. Daughter fell in love with the Shaker Heights area and is making plans for a return visit to find a place.

I’ve always told this kid, who was dealt a lousy hand at birth with a significant hearing loss, that she will overcome and is destined to do great things. And now Cleveland is where the next chapter of her life will unfold.

Thanks to all who provided info and insight on Cleveland.

Here’s the verdict ….

Daughter accepted the nursing position in the Cardiac Unit at Cleveland Clinic. She is thrilled as are both my wife and I.

Yesterday afternoon was spent looking at apartments. Daughter fell in love with the Shaker Heights area and is making plans for a return visit to find a place.

Excellent! Now that she is gainfully employed, maybe you can nudge her into an interest herself in an early retirement forum! Never too soon to start planning for retirement! :angel:

Here’s the verdict ….

I’ve always told this kid, who was dealt a lousy hand at birth with a significant hearing loss, that she will overcome and is destined to do great things. And now Cleveland is where the next chapter of her life will unfold.

Thanks to all who provided info and insight on Cleveland.

WONDERFUL! I hope she is very happy here and enjoys her job at Cleveland Clinic. What a great way to start her professional life.

Post script part two ….

Once again thanks all for your help and ideas about apartment hunting in Cleveland.

After our whirlwind tour last week of over a dozen apartments in many neighborhoods, daughter leased a downtown one bedroom loft in a big complex called “The Nines”. She loves the urban setting (coffee shops, restaurants, entertainment) and easy access to public transit …the Health Line … right outside her building.

She moves in next week and starts her new nursing job at Cleveland Clinic on August 9.

And with her departure from our home in California, my wife and I are officially empty nesters.

Back
Top Bottom