Home Roofing

I can get a quote on standing seam metal for anyone who is interested. Last time it was $1.35 for the panels made on site and we installed them.
The big bonus on standing seam is solar. If you think you want solar panels in the future, this is how easy it is to install, with no holes in your roof.
S-5-S-Seam-Clamp.jpg

https://buys-5.com/product/s-5-s-seam-clamp/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplps5-429&sc_intid=s5-429&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA_5WvBhBAEiwAZtCU77_Mcnsfa8lKqpOHvINZeqVfzjXdvU--_vVD3e8RVlj2TSE6kmvnohoCOWAQAvD_BwE

warranty on the gaskets?
The metal has a 40 year warranty, didn't see anything on the screw gaskets... but being this was a DYI I doubt it. But I have enough left over to re-screw the whole roof again... LOL.

Our last house was built in the 1950's and had NO decking plywood

The original house built here in the 40s has slats with metal, and was coated some point before we 1st rented in 86.

My son is getting quotes on a roof now, 2100sqft house. The cheapest metal roof is $19k, shingles were $11k. This is with removing all the old shingles. He's young, so metal could payoff. Also Metal roofs seem to survive better in uhm, windy Florida. The home insurance situation is becoming unbearable.

My son is getting quotes on a roof now, 2100sqft house. The cheapest metal roof is $19k, shingles were $11k. This is with removing all the old shingles. He's young, so metal could payoff. Also Metal roofs seem to survive better in uhm, windy Florida. The home insurance situation is becoming unbearable.

Some roofers make very, very good money.

Standing seam metal roofs make solar simple and reliable without any roof penetrations.
The trend towards more severe storms make the higher durability of metal a big plus in my mind.
In addition, when I'm 80 I would rather not have to replace a roof at all, so metal it is ;-)

I would absolutely do that if it's for a standing seam metal roof, which have no exposed fasteners.

And as others have pointed out they also require no penetrations for solar panel installation.

Back
Top Bottom