Honda CR-V Owners

I don't know about the current ones, but I was a huge fan of the CR-V. I bought three of them in a row, starting about 20 years ago. Almost nothing I didn't like about it. But when I went looking for a new one in 2017, I found they had changed the seats and it wasn't nearly as comfortable as my previous ones had been. So I bought something different. But that's just me -- seat comfort on a long trip is extremely important to me. YMMV.
not as comfortable in the new one

+1
After having a good experience with CRV 2004, I bought CRV 2019 ......the seats are not that comfortable in the new one

We have a 2020 CRV. 15k miles in 8 months. Zero problems! Has been driven from Laredo, Texas to Seattle to Los Angeles to the Florida Keys. Currently in Georgia and headed for Maine. Just now due for its second oil change.

You're so fortunate to be able to travel far and wide. Congratulations to getting to that part of your life.

And shall you have happy adventures on your odyssey.

Why did you trade in the Camry? I thought you liked it.

We loved the Camry. We just got bored with hanging around the house and was looking for something different.

The Venza is a much nicer and higher quality vehicle than the Camry.

My wife just had foot surgery, and there could be a 6 month to 12 month recovery. We needed a little more room to carry her electric wheelchair

The only draw back on a hybrid is the cost of batteries if you keep it into that 8 to 10 years old. I see the cost of replacement just for batteries is ~$9K plus.

So if that is about the time you want to trade at 10 years or sell out right. That may be a huge hit on value!!

The hybrids come with a 100K mile powertrain warranty and the batteries come with a 10 year, 150K mile warranty. My vehicle has a 1 million mile warranty as long as I own the car.

There is a new industry sprouting up, and that's the hybrid/electric car battery salvage business. The nickel batteries in most hybrids may only have 8 batteries go bad--out of 170 batteries. They replace those 8 batteries, test the battery pack and charge maybe $800. I've heard nothing about $9K batteries. Manufacturers think the lithium batteries (I've got) will last the lifetime of the vehicle. And hybrids have a long lifespan--many miles.

not as comfortable in the new one

+1
After having a good experience with CRV 2004, I bought CRV 2019 ......the seats are not that comfortable in the new one

What I've really noticed about the difference between ours ('99) and the "new" ones is the visibility. Riding in the '99 is like the view from a P51 Mustang! (Yes, I've sat in one - but never flown in one.) I never fear being blind sided. I never hesitate to back up. It's fantastic visibility. It does need relatively dark (add on) tinting to help the AC keep up here in sunny Paradise.

Secondary - the newer ones (good friend locally has a 2021) seem more cramped inside. Not sure how to explain it. It's as if there is more "stuff" intruding on your space. Maybe it's the dash and the console, etc. It just feels like a cocoon. Some may like that. Personally, I miss bench front seats! The '99 has two bucket seats BUT, you can actually climb between them (if you're careful about the parking brake and the shifter.) YMMV

Last edited:
The hybrids come with a 100K mile powertrain warranty and the batteries come with a 10 year, 150K mile warranty. My vehicle has a 1 million mile warranty as long as I own the car.

There is a new industry sprouting up, and that's the hybrid/electric car battery salvage business. The nickel batteries in most hybrids may only have 8 batteries go bad--out of 170 batteries. They replace those 8 batteries, test the battery pack and charge maybe $800. I've heard nothing about $9K batteries. Manufacturers think the lithium batteries (I've got) will last the lifetime of the vehicle. And hybrids have a long lifespan--many miles.

I actually researched and that is what I found for price. The couple dealers that have the hybrid didn't say that the batteries were covered in powertrain. They said it powertrain consisted of lubricated parts of the drive system.

I thank you for the correction and will try to find some more info.

I do believe Toyota has a 5Y/60K miles on powertrain and I suppose you can buy an extended one thou.

A key power element in Toyota hybrid powertrains and built to last, the hybrid battery pack in your Toyota Prius is not cheap to replace with prices that can range from $3,000 to $8,000 when you purchase a new battery. Used Toyota hybrid batteries can range from $1,500 to $3,500 to replace

I did find the new warranty for Toy and here is what I found for cost of replacement. I did see where ncbill posted a link for batteries thou.
https://greenbeanbattery.com

Back
Top Bottom