how bad is Amazon 7" tablet?

retire-early

Full time employment: Posting here.
I have a coupon for 10% off an electronics item at Target.
I am considering buying the basic Amazon 7" tablet and donating during the holidays to a child.

How bad is it?

Looking for opinions from people who have the latest 2019 version.

I have a coupon for 10% off an electronics item at Target.
I am considering buying the basic Amazon 7" tablet and donating during the holidays to a child.

How bad is it?

Looking for opinions from people who have the latest 2019 version.

A child you know or a toy drive. They really work best when interfacing with an Amazon account IMO my GK do a lot of free games thru an Amazon account

Maybe a library? The problem with giving those types of electronics is that they require a base level of expenditure to utilize. For example, it would need a WiFi connection and an Amazon account. If you’re giving something to charity, there’s a good chance they won’t be able to support the item and it will be wasted. Probably not at target, but a better alternative might be a Chromebook. At least most schools have an infrastructure to support that.

I'm in Europe right now surfing with one. Sure beats lugging around a heavy laptop.

At one time or another we've had 5 and 2 paper whites. But I don't think they are the best option for a kids toy drive...

All of these devices like tablets and Chromebooks require a wireless connection otherwise they have minimal use for a youngster. I use my Chromebook daily as it replaced my laptop, but i am on a 100 MB/sec connection.

I download plenty of Kindle books to my Amazon 8" Fire tablet.

There are plenty of simpler games that will run off-line as well.

I prefer the 8" screen over the 7" screen...had both.

Now that my cellphone functions as a hotspot for no extra charge I use that with my tablet when outside the home.

Usually traveling where it's not worth carrying a laptop.

Back
Top Bottom