How mean are you?

nun

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
....I'm so mean I won't even let go of a fart:D

That depends. When my daughter was about 14, she would have told you that I was the meanest Mom in town! >:D I was really dumb, too. She'd have told you!

Strange how I got smarter (and less mean) once she grew up and was on her own... Today I am the greatest Mom in the world because she got a Christmas check from me in her mailbox. :D

I'm mean - you know what I mean?

In the Spring many years ago one of my customer's gave me two rabbits (dressed out ready for cooking). That evening at supper when asked by my young children what were eating, I told them it was the Easter Bunny. My daughter (28yo) still remembers that. Ups! Watch what you say in front of young children - they will remember for a long time.

Back off CFB. :D

Meaner than a junkyard dog.

I'm bad, bad, Leroy Brown -- baddest man in the whole damn town.

I guess I am somewhat mean, although it warms my heart.

My two sons, ages 8 and 5, are talking, and they don't think I am listening in.

5 year old: I want to play football in the house, let's ask Dad if it's ok........

8 year old: No, let's ask Mom, she's the NICE ONE!!

DW does not understand why I was so joyful this transpired......:

I have never considered myself mean...I'm a sensitive gal. I wouldn't harm a fly, but will eat a hamburger.

So there you go.

i prefer to be nice but i have learned to be mean as required.

the other day at the supermarket this lady insisted on getting in my face even though i did my best to avoid her as i was miserable with a cold and headachie and trying not to spread my germs. "you look like someone who needs to be cheered up," she bubbled within a foot of me. "and you look like someone who needs to go away," i snapped. she took off mumbling down the aisle.

had she been actually concerned about my well-being, as she pretended to be, instead of turning in a huff, she would have apologized for getting in my face, wished me well and gone her way. for she didn't know if i'd just buried my dog or my mom or if i was ill with fever. maybe i didn't want to be cheered up. but that was no concern of hers. she wasn't concerned with me at all. all that concerned her was her bubbling in people's faces which she no doubt perceived as her altruism whether others wanted it or not.

in another example, for eight years the lady across the street from me let her dog crap in my front yard. for eight years i was nice. each time i approached the situation politely but it never stopped. finally i'd had enough so i got in her face. i got nasty and rude and downright horrible. guess what; that dog hasn't crapped in my yard, not once since.

some people don't respond to nice. it serves no purpose to be nice to them. nothing learned, nothing gained, nothing improved, no growth. it isn't always helpful to be nice. sometimes you have to be mean.

the wrathful buddha is no less compassionate than the buddha of compassion.

edit: just noticed this was in fire and money. ok, i'll be nice. sorry. i don't think i've ever been mean with money. but i'll let you know if it ever gets in my face.

TickTock Rule of Personal Behavior: There is no reason to unnecessarily upset people.

Sometimes it is necessary.

That depends. When my daughter was about 14, she would have told you that I was the meanest Mom in town! >:D I was really dumb, too. She'd have told you!

Strange how I got smarter (and less mean) once she grew up and was on her own... Today I am the greatest Mom in the world because she got a Christmas check from me in her mailbox. :D

I understand. When I was 14 my Dad was the dumbest idiot I ever knew of. Wow, he sure learned a lot by the time I was 25!

On the British meaning:

I'm so mean, I once found a crutch on the bus, took it home with me and broke my wife's leg.

some people don't respond to nice. it serves no purpose to be nice to them. nothing learned, nothing gained, nothing improved, no growth. it isn't always helpful to be nice. sometimes you have to be mean.

Yes, I learned that in the first year in law enforcement. As another officer put it "Some people just don't understand anything more subtle than fist in face".

If you ask my friends or family they will say I don't have a mean bone in my body but if you ask merchants who do me wrong they'll say she's the meanest SOB that ever lived !

I'm proud to have inherited both of those parental titles. I've been called ignorant, too!

How mean am I? I'm so mean that when we're sparring at tae kwon do, I won't hesitate to kick our kid in the head. With either foot. As often as I can, which lately hasn't been very often.

When spouse is away (on travel or at work), our kid doesn't even bother asking me for help with the things that her mother is willing to help with-- unloading the dishwasher, a ride to school, sorting & folding laundry. Spouse sees it as bonding and conversation while I see it as fostering independence.

DONT MESS WITH ME...I'M MEAN AS HELL SINCE I QUIT SMOKIN..........but I FEEL SOO GOOD!!!

After moving to my old country I learned new trick, I have to mean to start with. There is no use being nicer because things will not get done being nice. Sooner or later you have to start yelling.

Now the trick is, be mean and on the same time do not rise your blood pressure.

I'm a mutt. Don't need the stress. That said, i reluctantly throw people out of our apartments if need be.

Back
Top Bottom