I think I deserve the cheap award of the week

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
In the last century ( 1989 ) I installed a high efficiency gas water heater ( the utility rebate was more $ than the cost :) . Now , it finally started leaking. Gets better , got a nearly new water heater from a neighbor , free ( got to love those folks doing major remodels ). 2 water heaters at zero cost. This one may even outlive my cheap a$$

In the last century ( 1989 ) I installed a high efficiency gas water heater ( the utility rebate was more $ than the cost :) . Now , it finally started leaking. Gets better , got a nearly new water heater from a neighbor , free ( got to love those folks doing major remodels ). 2 water heaters at zero cost. This one may even outlive my cheap a$$

Congrats........I think......

VW

Great score!

You are okay... A real cheapskate would just start taking cold showers.

No awards until I hear about the dryer sheet recycling habits of OP.

Unless OP uses them in the dryer more than once, then uses them as a coffee filter, and finishes them off as diapers or floor rags, I won't be convinced!

Yeah, this should qualify for "Cheapskate of TWO Centuries!" :cool:

No awards until I hear about the dryer sheet recycling habits of OP
... then uses them as a coffee filter...

Ah yes, the Lilac aroma of re-used arabica grounds ;)

_B

You are okay... A real cheapskate would just start taking cold showers.

I just shower at the gym! They even provide the towels and soap! I feel guilty if I just stop in to shower and take a steam so that always makes me exercise a little. Any motivation to get my a$$ into the gym!

We have some cheapskates in our condo association that shower at the clubhouse so they don't have to use the hot water in their unit, saving on their water and electric bills.

Bring your own damn soap and towels though.

Did somebody say free? :D

Unless OP uses them in the dryer more than once, then uses them as a coffee filter, and finishes them off as diapers or floor rags, I won't be convinced!

Use dryer sheets twice , then use 2 of the used ones to clean the floor with a swiffer dry mop set up , then off to the garage for rags.

Now that's CHEAP!!! I had to have a new gas water heater installed six weeks ago, and I am still groaning about the $3,913.33 that I had to pay for that, and will never see again. :banghead:

Oh well. It's nice to have hot water for showers and laundry again.

Not sure the dryer sheets are much good for cleaning after using them as coffee filters...

I have been known to leave them in the bag when I put bedding away for the season. And I use them to wipe up the lint when I clean out the lint trap. Does that count as recycling?

We must be related. We're on our 2nd free laundry units in 8 years. Client is updating their laundry room and needed to get rid of their 5 yr old units. We definitely upgraded our units with these mega sized Samsung units. Pretty sure they're the biggest units we've owned.

Attachments

• IMG_20230920_102035311.jpg
    IMG_20230920_102035311.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 59
We must be related. We're on our 2nd free laundry units in 8 years. Client is updating their laundry room and needed to get rid of their 5 yr old units. We definitely upgraded our units with these mega sized Samsung units. Pretty sure they're the biggest units we've owned.

Yeah, but now you need to add a new laundry room so all the big units will fit!:cool:

i bought my home in '95 (so the water heater was installed before then and wasn't brand new) and I just had to replace it 2 years ago - love when things last.

I scrape the toothbrushing spit residue off the bowl of my bathroom sink and save it, drying it out and forming it into pill shaped "mints" that I serve to guests. Doesn't everyone economize in this manner?

I scrape the toothbrushing spit residue off the bowl of my bathroom sink and save it, drying it out and forming it into pill shaped "mints" that I serve to guests. Doesn't everyone economize in this manner?

You win. :cool:

i bought my home in '95 (so the water heater was installed before then and wasn't brand new) and I just had to replace it 2 years ago - love when things last.

I honestly worry about the hot water heater at the Old Homestead. DW and I installed that about 1982. How long can that thing go??

I honestly worry about the hot water heater at the Old Homestead. DW and I installed that about 1982. How long can that thing go??

Something is wrong with me! I read that as "hot dog water" and immediately jumped to the conclusion that Koolau was using hot dog water for coffee the next day. Talk about cheap!

I'm losing my grip with reality. As the kids say: "I need to touch grass"

Something is wrong with me! I read that as "hot dog water" and immediately jumped to the conclusion that Koolau was using hot dog water for coffee the next day. Talk about cheap!

I'm losing my grip with reality. As the kids say: "I need to touch grass"

Heh, heh, do they mean walk on it - or smoke it??:facepalm:

Heh, heh, do they mean walk on it - or smoke it??:facepalm:

Walk on it.

There's hope for the kids because they came up with this. It means: "Get outside, dude. You are spending too much time in front of the computer. Connect back with reality." Usually used as a mild insult. I'm sure the double meaning more familiar with Boomers is intentional, although for us, once touched, it usually was ignited. :cool:

Walk on it.

There's hope for the kids because they came up with this. It means: "Get outside, dude. You are spending too much time in front of the computer. Connect back with reality." Usually used as a mild insult. I'm sure the double meaning more familiar with Boomers is intentional, although for us, once touched, it usually was ignited. :cool:

Sounds like your kids have their heads screwed on right. That's a blessing and a compliment to you. :)

Just wanted to say - I no longer use dryer sheets. Those wool balls work fine . (the plastic spikey ones are just noisy)

Back
Top Bottom