I think I deserve the cheap award of the week

Reusing appliances is a big score. I only got 1 free water heater, so you're ahead.

Bought a sears kenmore matching washer dryer from the 60's. enamel was worn through on outside. minor adjustments, center rod drum drive shaft replace, clean out the controls. 200 bucks.

We've been married 43 years and never bought a toaster. Think our first one was a wedding gift.
My father had a thing for toasters ( and TVs and tractors) .

When our original toaster started acting up Dad had a toaster he no longer liked and brought it the next time my parents visited. We seldom use a toaster. ( It gets stored in the cabinet) That one was on its last legs when we were cleaning out my parents home after M&D passed. Dad had two toasters in the attic so I took one. My siblings got the TVs and tractiors.....

I honestly worry about the hot water heater at the Old Homestead. DW and I installed that about 1982. How long can that thing go??

WOW!!!!! Now that is amazing.

Now that's CHEAP!!! I had to have a new gas water heater installed six weeks ago, and I am still groaning about the $3,913.33 that I had to pay for that, and will never see again. :banghead:

Oh well. It's nice to have hot water for showers and laundry again.

Was it 5000 gallons? My neighbor had a new one installed yesterday. $1200 out the door.

When we did our to the studs and beyond redo of our old house back in the late 90s we went with new appliances and tile and custom cabinetry and a 30" Sears Roebuck gas range bought at a church rummage sale for $25. Griddle in the middle, four burners, built in the 50s I'd guess. Still boils up oatmeal and bakes bread just fine at 70 years or so of age. Not bad for $25 - has outlasted the dishwasher, refrigerator and the freezer bought new.

Back
Top Bottom