Ideas on getting rid of furniture

We had similar situation. We called Salvation Army and scheduled a "Whole House" pick up. We boxed everything we could and they came on a specific day and took EVERYTHING boxes, furniture, outside patio etc.. We did have to schedule ahead about 3 weeks..

My parents in their 90’s lived in the house next door to me and I cared for them for 9 years. Had to retire early to care for them in their 90’s. Mom fell too many times and she went to assisted living in February. Dad stayed in the house...was lonely and passed away in June. I am only child and I pretty much gave things to charity that Is could take myself. Yes the big furniture was a problem. Even for $20. But I posted 3 items for free on garage sale website on Sunday night after 8pm and they were lined up at the door. I warned in the add they had to transport items themselves. Items were gone in an hour. I just needed them gone so I could put the house for sale. Closed on the house yesterday. So give it for free.

I have put furniture on Craigslist marked as "FREE" and someone usually arrives in an hour or two with a truck and a dolly. They always take everything, no questions asked. I'm sure some of them are reselling the furniture, but I don't care. I want to keep it out of the landfill, and if someone who is willing to work hard enough to pick it up and cart it away can make a few bucks, good for them. :)

Yep that’s the way to s
Do it quickly with no hassle to you.

Back
Top Bottom