In 24 hours...

Congrats to the OP. I recall when you took an interruption to your ER to go back to work to get that pension. It does not feel like that long ago.

Congrats. I was thinking you were still planning on some part time work (no, I'm not trying to dig into the semantics of the word 'retired'!)? Maybe that was a while back.

Either way - enjoy the added freedom!

-ERD50

...I know this is a bit premature, but in 24 hours I will walk away from 'w*rk' forever. Just had to get that out there.

So excite! :)

Congratulations! :clap: What a great event, well worth celebrating. :dance:

Congrats to the OP. I recall when you took an interruption to your ER to go back to work to get that pension. It does not feel like that long ago.

In one sense, yes. In another sense, it feels like *forever* LOL

This was my office this morning...

LcTzI19_INH__56tXQHQQF4NoFthewLxb792XQpnbjw0dvlveiAHAXebBKTqfcbWgy30H8VjRouP8MrttSLInhFQZVu47zkjT-U1vZuIlJe9RZsa5AM0eZZfujKN5Rol-_tndr4qLKbUdJtU7oRoB5ErW5MwfijNXuqwXO723JjT_mw9lx_ZOjPt4RNG3eUyi5psjQps81B--iA9ewzQ8hEjzhYm3oc39109wg76GdjYLH7UUvFE6eG8NsVjRZ6gayXEZZB2-nQ8X-ZJS3SjAb8z1gga-towhI7z1OEmDfCwvMzPMlcYq-RBvmePrCDAioNOCCGVAKzN8Y5sSCQAQLeA_byd-tuWdDzrKUm-N5asqvK2IBlwFpqIgkSg9C1v4IfL-m1n5s6H-qP-UANyex7wpHhbCliUSV55TrqWlzZ1gxfTwRlHYpWRArfdXGwQo67axba8J8eLHNpFHJ3-0OX4xZVqkm3yj0EqIFvqfgjqQo2AH8MiL5sCguBodihjTwSCXqkKybHkHA2rLpS6ISd9Eg8C7444NIouuoDQGH7_8IxQ_nEOYULexUG0BUw1lfLNge5lx4BalLgzZ1UfrgZd1W6mj5exd7LGeVbvnF1rf7RyJLflaFByvQ=w759-h1011-no

Congrats! Leaving w*rk for the last time was most definitely one of the top 5 events of my life. I often look at the picture I took of the entrance gate in my rear view mirror as I left. It still brings a smile to my face!

Only a few more hours!!!

And whatever picture you have shared doesn't seem to have uploaded.

This will be my 805th post. I joined this forum nine years and five months ago (almost to the day). That's how long I've been working on this. In retrospect, even though we made decisions that didn't pan out I have been able to escape the office cubicle drudgery for extended periods of time while still advancing towards retirement. Most of my self-employment attempts were miserable failures, some were not. In the end, our biggest win was simply getting out of our 30-year ball-and-chain mortgage, downsizing, getting out of all debt, saving a lot of money. Also, pensions!

It's been quite the wild ride. Now for the final 24 days in the states before moving back to Mexico!

Congratulations!!! Every day is Saturday! :dance: One of the first things I noticed after FIRE was that Sunday became a whole day off. No more dreading Mondays.

I especially like the "1" on the white board. DW does an ER countdown every morning. :)

I especially like the "1" on the white board. DW does an ER countdown every morning. :)

I started doing that about a year ago - kept a small number down in the corner of the whiteboard - counted only work days (not calendar days) because it was a much smaller number :)

I started doing that about a year ago - kept a small number down in the corner of the whiteboard - counted only work days (not calendar days) because it was a much smaller number :)

Congratulations!!:dance:

I'm still at the monthly countdown stage. The small number on my whiteboard is 26. Will probably switch it to weeks once that number is under 100.

Countdown

My spouse had gotten me a countdown clock....

I used it but also had , in my Franklin planner (remember those?), a monthly calendar where in the corner of each w@rk day was the number of days left

I didn't even take a picture of the entrance in the rear view mirror-- why dredge up unnecessary memories?

Enjoy your newfound freedom

(I gave the clock to someone who was next in line out the door--- I knew it from conversations with them)

Last edited:
(I gave the clock to someone who was next in line out the door--- I knew it from conversations with them)

On my last day I had a conversation with a co-worker. This individual is in employee photos in the break room that are dated 1985. I am still surprised I got out before they did. But before I left they showed me their countdown app on their phone. Targeting Jan 2018.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom