Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in1 Pressure Cooker

I like the "dad cooks dinner" website for some recipes. The shrimp étouffée is good. So is the beer stew (cant remember the real name but I use Guinness instead of the Belgian beer) edit: it beef carbonnade.

Last edited:
I bought the DUO a few months ago since my Emeril electric pressure cooker got messed up (my mistake). I cannot seem to cook boiled eggs (steamed) right in the DUO for some reason. They turned out great on the Emeril - peeling was a breeze. With DUO, low pressure for 8 minutes (immediate release) and the yolk is fine (soft and just so slightly gooey), but egg shells stick pretty badly.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Love my IP. Secret to perfect boiled eggs: 6 min manual, 6 minutes npr and 6 minutes in ice water. Called 6-6-6. Enjoy it, I seldom use my stove any more, other than to broil meat the last few minutes.

Love my IP. Secret to perfect boiled eggs: 6 min manual, 6 minutes npr and 6 minutes in ice water. Called 6-6-6. Enjoy it, I seldom use my stove any more, other than to broil meat the last few minutes.
Low pressure or high?

Thanks.

Best info and recipes: hippressurecooking.com. Pressurecookingtoday.com. IP cookbooks often free on Amazon.

I pretty much leave the manual setting on high so high for the eggs. Love the recipe for potato salad, where you put eggs on top of cut up potatoes, and it cooks for 4 minutes! Eggs and potatoes done. So quick and easy.

I do 'em this way:
About a cup of water in the pot.
Add eggs, not so many they're packed too tight.
Manual, high pressure, 4 minutes.
Release pressure, put the eggs in a bowl of ice water.

Ridiculously easy to peel this way.

Thanks. I did 6 minutes on high and release after 10 minutes and the shells came right off. I think I will try 8 minutes high with an immediate release next time (to cut down on the time).

No. Windows 8.

The box arrived. Should take an hour to get it out of the packaging and ready to use. It came when I was out, so tomorrow for the grocery run.

I just got the box.

I think I'm going to try pork chile verde first. The Dad site has a recipe.

Last edited:
I just ordered the 7 in 1 using Amazon rewards points. So now I have a rice cooker, a rice/slow cooker, and an Instant Pot. I thought I was supposed to be in the decluttering phase. :facepalm::LOL:

I ordered a Cuisinart 1000 watt 6 qt. pressure cooker at Amazon for $69 2 days ago. It was another great buy.

Had no idea they're such a versatile cooking tool, and that so many people just love cooking in them. We've been crock pot cookers for so long.

I just got the box.

I think I'm going to try pork child verde first. The Dad site has a recipe.
I'm guessing that was an autocorrect and what you intended was Pork Chile Verde (Puerco en salsa verde). That's a delicious dish, one of my favorites, and I wish you luck. :)

Last edited:
I got the "The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook" by Laurel Randolph. It has quite a few recipes, but not so many as to be overwhelming. It looks to have a good overview so I can understand this strange device. I have never used a pressure cooker before, although my mother used one. I found it quite intimidating as a child - all that hissing! https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Elec...80436120&sr=1-3&keywords=instant+pot+cookbook cheap on Kindle

Also found this freebie online - http://instantpot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/InstantPot-Electric-Pressure-Cooker-Recipe-Book.pdf

I got the "The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook" by Laurel Randolph. It has quite a few recipes, but not so many as to be overwhelming. It looks to have a good overview so I can understand this strange device. I have never used a pressure cooker before, although my mother used one. I found it quite intimidating as a child - all that hissing! https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Elec...80436120&sr=1-3&keywords=instant+pot+cookbook cheap on Kindle

The paperback version is out of stock at Amazon. I think I will order it and just wait for it to arrive.

Also found this freebie online - http://instantpot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/InstantPot-Electric-Pressure-Cooker-Recipe-Book.pdf

The freebie is included in the box. I didn't find anything too confusing in the directions. The ring information was a little misleading, once you see it, simple.

Back
Top Bottom