iPod shuffle problem

WM

Full time employment: Posting here.
DH has an iPod shuffle that's a couple years old. No problems with it. But yesterday, when he plugged it into the computer to charge, the orange light flashed 3 times and then stopped, and the computer said it didn't recognize the device. Trying again, rebooting, etc., didn't help. Any ideas?

DH has an iPod shuffle that's a couple years old. No problems with it. But yesterday, when he plugged it into the computer to charge, the orange light flashed 3 times and then stopped, and the computer said it didn't recognize the device. Trying again, rebooting, etc., didn't help. Any ideas?

It sounds like the device is locked, or 'on hold'.

The front status light blinks orange three times when 'hold' is turned on. To turn 'hold' off, press and hold the Play/Pause button down for 3 seconds, or move the switch on the back of the iPod Shuffle to Off, that is, the green strip at the top of the switch is not visible.

Cheat sheet reference card:
Apple - Support - iPod shuffle - Quick Reference Card

About those weird status lights:
Understanding iPod shuffle (1st generation) status lights

I knew someone here would know! No, I'm sure he hasn't tried any of those, I'll pass this along and he can see if anything works.

Thanks!!:flowers:

Good luck. I have found the reset to work for every iPod problem we have had so far except being left in a pants pocket and going through a one hour wash cycle. :)

Fixed! :clap:

Except it turns out DH secretly wanted it not to work so he could get a Nano instead. I guess he'll have to wait. I'm not going to mention the wash cycle!

Back
Top Bottom