It’s so nice to be loved!

Islandtraveler

Recycles dryer sheets
I received an email from Scottrade yesterday telling me that my commission rate has been reduced to $4.50 per trade. They went on to say that they did this as the result of being a “Good Customer” I walked around all day strutting like a Peacock. I’m Special. They like me. Well, it turns out, there biggest competitor, Fidelity just brought down there rates as well. Somehow, I don’t feel so special anymore. I guess I’m going to have to find my personal validation elsewhere. I also have an account with Vanguard and if memory serves, there commissions were $2.00.

If you want unconditional love, get a dog.

I'm feeling the love as well -- TD Ameritrade just reduced trades to $6.95 from $9.99. Schwab too, $6.95 down from $8.95. Happy (belated) Valentine's Day, I guess?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I received an email from Scottrade yesterday telling me that my commission rate has been reduced to $4.50 per trade. They went on to say that they did this as the result of being a “Good Customer”

My Scottrade broker called me today and mine is reduced to $3.95. It was previously $5.00 because I was an even better customer. :D

I got 48 free trades. I did negotiated 25 free trades for my daughter's Roth IRA. I don't care to be loved, well liked is good enough.:D

Schwab too - $4.95 from $6.95. I guess we're all special.

Schwab too - $4.95 from $6.95. I guess we're all special.

Whoops, I just checked my most recent trade confirmation and you are right, it is $4.95 now. Even better! Not that it will change my buying behavior at all though...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Attention, StockMart shoppers! We are charging MORE for soon-to-spoil whole chickens, in aisle seven. There will also be a small reduction in the sales tax you pay at the register. Hurry, before this offer expires!

If all of you are wondering why everyone is reducing the trade fees, I believe it is in reaction to the new broker Tastyworks which opened on January 1st. You probably won't recognize the name but Tastyworks trades are $1.00 opening trades on options, $5.00 on stocks and $2.50 on futures contracts and no closing trade fees. Tastyworks is owned by the same owners that designed the best trading platform in the industry called Think or Swim (TOS). Think or Swim was purchased by TDAmeritrade about 10 years ago, because it was less expensive to purchase the company to get the best trading platform than to build it from scratch. Tom Sosnoff and team have now built a new trading platform with the best content to go with the platform. [mod edit]http://www.tastyworks.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom