It's funny joke Thursday! 2005 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you address a letter with only my last name and zip code, it will get to me (tried it once). The joys of small town living.

Roger Welsch had a book “It’s not the end of the earth, but you can see it from here” where he tells about using bizarre mailing addresses when submitting his work to publishers. Wharf 9, Slip 1402, Hometown Neb and the zip. Rural mailman would always laugh when he dropped off the mail down the road at Roger’s place.

Yes, the joys of small towns.

In cleaning out stuff at my Mother's house a few months ago I found a letter I wrote her when I was around 10 at Summer camp. I addressed it just Mom and the towns name. My name was in the return address and it was delivered. That is the way small town post offices use to work and in this case still does. The postmaster noticed the the way I setup forwarding for my Mom's mail that I was missing some important mail so she put in a new change address form filled out the way I should have done it and sent me a note telling me what she did.

When I left Southbury, Connecticut in 1981 to move to California, our address was (our name), Bucks Hill Road, Southbury, Ct (Zip). No street numbers, just names painted on mailboxes. :cool:

My current 2nd home in the high-country boondocks has a street address, but the post office does not know about that, nor care. Everybody has a P.O. box number at the local post office, and that's where they go to get their mail.

Only UPS and FedEx who deliver to the homes use the street address.

A woman goes into labor with her child. The doctor says that they have invented a new device to transfer the pain of child birth to the father. He asks if it is ok to use the new device. The couple agrees and so he turns the pain to the father to 10%. The man feels nothing. They then bump it up to 20%. He still feels nothing. They keep doing this until they have the machine up to 100%. The man still felt nothing so they go home happy, until they find the milkman dead on the porch.

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED... A friend of mine has two tickets for the 2020 Super Bowl, both box seats. He paid $11,500 each. It comes with ride to and from the airport, lunch, dinner and $400.00 bar tab. Also a back stage pass to the winners locker room. He didn't realize last year when he bought them, it was going to be on the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place... It's at St Paul's Church, in Orlando at 3pm. Her name is Ashley. She's 5'4", about 145 lbs, and a good cook too. She loves to fish and hunt. She'll be the one in the white dress.

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/its-funny-joke-thursday-20756-200.html#post1788884

Don't get upset by it -- the majority of jokes here have been posted before.
That doesn't make them any less funny.

Here's one I just heard, though it is probably another old one.....

A mushroom and young buck walk into a bar.
The bartender says "We don't serve your type here."
The mushroom says, "Why not? I'm a fungi and he's my deer friend."

Last edited:
Recycled jokes are trash.

Because you recycle what would otherwise be trash, get it? Nevermind, I'll show myself out...

The story of Maria's marriage, which is the great happiness and amazement of her life, is too much like a fairy tale. Her loving husband and beautiful daughter are her life, and she wouldn't change a single aspect of them.

However, she had begun to speculate that something wasn't right because their only child’s hair was brilliant red, like Prince-Harry red hair. Everybody in her and her better half's family had black hair, like Jon-Snow black hair.
At some point, Maria finally decided to get a DNA test for their daughter subsequent to considering it for some time.

When she received the results, she was stunned to learn that her husband wasn’t the birth father, and she wasn’t the birth mother. Their girl was from totally different parents.

Maria was confused as she didn't know how such a thing could have happened. She didn't have any idea how she would break the news to her husband. She knew that nothing would ever be the same again.

In the end, Maria decided to tell her husband during what she thought was the most convenient moment: while he was watching football.

Maria took a deep breath and said, “Well, according to the DNA test results, we’re not our daughter’s parents.”

"Of course not!", replied the husband. “Don’t you remember? When we were leaving the hospital, we noticed that our baby had pooped. You said: ‘Please go change the baby, I’ll wait for you here.’”

An elderly couple went to dinner at the home of some friends, who were also elderly. After dinner, the wives went into the kitchen to clean up and the two men went to the living room to talk.

One guy said, “We went out to dinner last night at a really good restaurant. I’d highly recommend it.”

The second man asked, “What’s the name of it?”

The first man thought and thought, then asked, “What’s the name of that flower you give to someone you love, the one that is usually red that has thorns?”

“Oh, you mean a rose?” said the second man.

“Yes, that’s it,” said the first man.

Then he called to the kitchen, “Rose, what’s the name of that restaurant we went to last night?”

Hypochondriac Tombstone...

Attachments

• sick.jpeg
    sick.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 730
A man is at the funeral of an old friend. He tentatively approaches the deceased's wife and asks whether he can say a word. The widow nods. The man clears his throat and says, "Plethora."

The widow smiles appreciatively. "Thank you," she says. "That means a lot."

Another man comes up and says: "Mind if I say a word too?" She says: "Please do." The man clears his throat and says: "Bargain." The widow replies: "Thanks, that means a great deal."

Another man comes up and asks for the same privilege. The widow thanks him, saying that would be very nice. The man clears his throat and says: "Earth." The widow replies, "Thank you, that means the world."

Another man comes up and asks if he could say a couple words. The widow thanks him, saying that would be very nice. The man clears his throat and says: "Being alive." The widow replies, "Thank you, he would have liked that."

Another man comes up and asks if he could say a word. The widow thanks him, saying that would be very nice. The man clears his throat and says: "Infinity" . The widow replies, "Thank you, that means more than you could possibly imagine."

Another man comes up and asks if he could say a word. The widow thanks him, saying that would be very nice. The man clears his throat and says: "Fhqwhgads". The widow replies: "Thanks, you don't know what that means."

Another man comes up and says: “Mind if I say a few words too?” She says: “Please do.” The man clears his throat and says: “The Mariana Trench.” The widow replies: “Thanks, that’s really deep.”

Another man comes up and says: "Mind if I say a few words too?" She says: "Please do." The man clears his throat and says: "water pit". The widow replies: "Thanks, I know you mean well."

Another man approaches the widow and says: “I’m truly sorry for your loss, he was a great man.” The widow replies: “I’m not sure you understand what’s happening here.”

Molly Flynn calls the hotel's reception desk and says, "Please send someone over right away, I'm having argument with my husband and he's threatening to jump out the window."

The manager replies, "I'm sorry ma'am, but we cannot intervene, this seems to be a personal issue."

"Listen to me," yells Molly, "this is a maintenance issue; I can't get the window open!"

Two men were talking. "So, how's your sex life?"

"Oh, nothing special. I'm having Social Security sex."

"Social Security sex?"

"Yeah, you know, I get a little each month, but not enough to live on.”

From Steven Wright:

A friend of mine has a trophy wife, but apparently, it wasn't first place.

Stolen from a comment on a website I frequent:

Steve Jobs is dead
Johnny Cash is dead
Bob Hope is dead.

We've got no jobs, no cash, no hope. Everybody pray for continued health for Kevin Bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom