It's snowing............

Dawg52

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
in central Mississippi! First snow we've had in 8-9 years. Let my dog out this morning to do her morning thing and she circled around like she normally does, but never made landing. Looked a little confused about it all. Oh well, when nature forces her, she will go. :D

Just yesterday I played golf. Sun was out and it felt great. Temps in the mid 50's. Today, suppose to get up to 3 inches of snow. Winter weather a little crazy in the south.

in central Mississippi! First snow we've had in 8-9 years. Let my dog out this morning to do her morning thing and she circled around like she normally does, but never made landing. Looked a little confused about it all. Oh well, when nature forces her, she will go. :D

Just yesterday I played golf. Sun was out and it felt great. Temps in the mid 50's. Today, suppose to get up to 3 inches of snow. Winter weather a little crazy in the south.

They keep saying it will turn to snow here in central NC this afternoon. Nice, cannot wait!

My dog used to circle in the snow until a suitable snow-nest emerged, then she'd dump in it, and bury it all for effect.

After several months (you couldn't see it all for daily pick-up until the first Wisconsin melt-off some time in July ;)) resulted in quite a minefield. One of the reasons I left Wisconsin but the grass sure did grow good in the back yard.

When one of my dogs was a pup he was house trained during the winter and learned to go on snow. In the spring he had a harder and harder time hunting up little patches of snow, climbing up on crusty snow banks, anything for a patch of snow. Finally he gave up after much encouragement and learned to go on the grass or dirt.

My dog used to circle in the snow until a suitable snow-nest emerged, then she'd dump in it, and bury it all for effect.

After several months (you couldn't see it all for daily pick-up until the first Wisconsin melt-off some time in July ;)) resulted in quite a minefield. One of the reasons I left Wisconsin but the grass sure did grow good in the back yard.

I recall a similar behavior with the cats in Upstate NY; about April or May it was cat cleanup detail for us kids.

We got some snow here in Louisiana last evening too. It wasn't quite cold enough for it to stick around, though. My sister in NC told me it was snowing there as well. She's about 90 miles south of where newguy888 is located.

Here's the proof. My buddy playing in the snow. First snow she has ever seen. Standing by the door right now wanting to go back outside. :)

img_603275_0_e0974418fe7b17a98b6bdf33694fcd8f.jpg

I'm 20 miles south of Green Bay, WI. It's -9 witha -28 wind chill. Packers and Giants should have fun tomorrow.

We are enjoying the Atlanta snow with about 2" so far. Laughable, I'm sure, to you diehards in the far north. Fun anyway - Makes me wish I were still in school so we could get a day off.

I think I was there the last time it snowed then. Christmas Day or Dec 26, 2000? I'm trying to remember if it actually snowed then. It was forecast and I was driving from NC to TX and had Christmas dinner with a friend in Starkville, and I remember dropping down to I-10 instead of taking I-20 from there.

Back
Top Bottom