It's so hot...

I've never heard of this "heat index" you guys are talking about. Hot-weather equivalent of the wind-chill factor, I assume?

DW and I do our 4 mile walks we carry 2 24oz water bottle each. Makes walking in the heat much more enjoyable. I try to avoid 100 plus days though  :(

I believe thats what the head index is like the cold factor. IE if its breezy and its 100 out it feels like 96. I could be wrong though. Humidity is probably figured in too.

cube_rat said:
I'm 15 minutes south of San Francisco and I'm basking in the fog (61 degrees) by the ocean  8) <sigh>

We seem to be the only ones not complaining about the heat :D Gotta love that marine layer :D

MB

bpp said:
I've never heard of this "heat index" you guys are talking about. Hot-weather equivalent of the wind-chill factor, I assume?

bpp,

That's right.

Maybe you don't know about the dew point either. The warmer the air the more moisture it can hold. The dew point is the temperature at which the current level of moisture in the air will begin to precipitate as dew. Any dew point over 70 is considered oppressive. Here in the D.C. area yesterday dew points were as high as 78.

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom