Know anyone that had to 'un-retire'?

still it's an adjustment to make. I'm working on it. Recently I go too far too many concerts and I'm involved with far too many music groups to have time to work. Guess I found a hobby in music?

Music is a great hobby for retirees. I'm currently in 3 bands and am auditioning for a 4th band next week.

I had a retirement scare because I retired in April, 2007 at age 41. I can't remember exactly, but my portfolio was down something like 40% at one point in early 2009.

But it did help me learn about myself. I never gave up faith in the portfolio and continued rebalancing and being optimistic until the very end (in March, 2009, on an investment board, someone even made a comment that everyone seems to have no hope except for optimistic Kramer). And even at the nadir I also realized that I was still living on less than 4% of what was left and that it was at least sustainable. I tried to think through my retirement up to that point and didn't have regrets about quitting the job in 2007. I never had thoughts of returning to work (and it probably wasn't even possible during the depths of the recession).

But I could have really messed up by panicking and selling everything.

I'd rather be bored at home than bored at work...not that I get bored at home.
The problem with me is when I get bored at home I waste money. I end up in a mall or on qvc buying crap. Lol. I really enjoy my p/t job.
Don't get me wrong I have absolutely no desire to return to mega corp. Once in a while I'll wonder if I should have stayed buy that's usually when I'm writing a ridiculous check for health care

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom