Learning Microsoft Office

MichealKnight

Full time employment: Posting here.
I know there's online classes. That's not for me.

Live, in person classes.

For someone who is VERY basic in computer knowledge, and suggestions where to go learn Excel and Powerpoint?

Goal isn't to be an expert, but to be able to know enough that the average job holder today knows.

Thanks

I just learned them on my own decades ago.
All those Office apps have a lot of advanced features, some of which you might never use.

Best approach might be to learn the basics and then be able to learn the rest on the fly when needed.
An example in Word would be a table of contents for a multi-hundred page document...

Check with your local community college. They might have regular classes for students.

The community college near me has a Corporate Training department that offers classes in various software tools, including Microsoft Office. I'd think others do as well.

Local seniors center or public library might have some basic courses to get you started. I'd start with the library. They can at least point you in the right direction if they don't offer anything directly.

Our local community college always has personal enrichment classes and offer computer skill classes. I’d check there first.

I taught MSO at the local community college. Some have accelerated schedules, like 4 weekends, 6 hours per day.

The best way to learn is to solve actual problems you have. Various MSO cookbooks have that approach.

Our Senior center here has classes, as does the local community college. The Apple Store "Genius Bar" offers classes if you have apple products.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom