Lousy day... and I'm insensitive

This morning I made her a chocolate cake.

You are every kind of awesome Walt. DW is a lucky lady indeed...or should I say smart for picking you out? ;)

SIL is a dope not to have said "DW is OK but she has been in a bad accident." Maybe she did it on purpose.

Call SIL and say "DW got back from the doc and we got some really bad news...the copay went up to $40!"

Any accident that involves a Mack truck is a serious accident. So one vote for insensitive ;)

Let us know how you like the Yaris :) .

On the Toyota Yaris:

The best things about it are the fuel mileage, low purchase price, and tight turning radius (bearing in mind I'm used to driving a full-size extended cab 4WD GMC pickup) and the small size makes it easy to park. The available space seems efficiently used for passengers and baggage. If I lived in a congested city I'd seriously consider buying one for those reasons.

That said, they made no apparent effort at sound deadening; it's like driving in a steel coffee can. I felt and heard every little bump in the road. The radio speakers are tinny even by 1960's standards. I'd replace those right away. This is not the car you want to drive across Texas in. If you do, bring earplugs and/or Excedrin.

The tight turning radius also means that at 70 mph highway speeds steering is sensitive and I can see how a panicked driver would overcontrol and either skid it or roll it. Visibility to the rear is not very good mainly because of the rear-seat headrests but I suppose that's something one can get used to.

It you don't drive long distances at highway speeds, live where parking space is tight, don't care much about a quiet ride, and fuel economy and low price are priorities, it's probably a good buy.

Back
Top Bottom