Mattress brand recommendations

To me this bed is old school spring box and mattress. I'm a stomach sleeper mostly and my wife is side sleeper mostly. They just brought and set it up and took the old box and mattress. It was 20 bucks to deliver and take old one with them.

Tonight will be the first night and will see if I can even tell the difference. LOL

+1..

We literally bought and returned 6 different mattresses last time we had to do this..

I tried the Latex (from FloBeds.com) and it screwed up my back something fierce - to the point I was on pain pills and it took almost a year to get back to 'normal'. Never will do Latex (or any "foam") again.

We tried every memory foam, foam, combo foam, etc - and they were all JUNK (including TempurPedic, Sealey, Simmons and all the "big" brands).

Someone suggested, and we finally went with - find a small, mom and pop mattress manufacturer that makes beds "the old fashioned way" with innersprings and ACTUAL box springs (not a platform made out of plywood with zero actual springs in it).

We found one of these companies and had to drive 4 hours across state to try it out.

Best decision ever. Every "major brand" mattress including all of the ones mentioned up thread were garbage compared to the "old fashioned" traditional bed.

We have a separate duvet that sits on top of the traditional innerspring mattress, and unlike 95% of "today's" mattresses can actually flip ours because it has coils on both sides.

Best of luck..this is one of the hardest decisions you will ever make. I know from painful first hand experience..it literally took us 2 years and thousands of $$s to find one that worked. But my bed today is the best I ever slept in, and having traveled a fair amount over the years I've slept in many..

Company name and location?

You might want to consider ordering your new mattress online and doing the "try before you buy" method with companies that offer free shipping and free returns. Lull is one mattress company that does this, but there are others (Leesa, for example). This is what I'm planning to do within the next 6-8 [/URL]

We've now bought 4 Leesa mattresses. Master bedroom, 2 guest rooms and the RV. Added a 3 inch foam topper in master and now hate to sleep anywhere else.

Company name and location?

Buis Mattress - Holland, MI.

https://buismattress.net/

We drove from the far other side of the state to visit and lay on their mattresses before buying. At least 4 hours and probably closer to 6. THAT is how much we had a problem finding a mattress that would work for us.

Pretty sure they do "all" their manufacturing at that location and a lot of it is done by hand, the old fashioned way.

We LOVE our mattress and have tried every name brand there is - returned every single one of them and finally found our best fit with the Buis.

This is one of those companies that seems like it's been around for a hundred years or so..their showroom is nothing fancy and DEFINITELY mom and pop feel to the whole company. No idea how long they've been in business but hope they are always around as we'd buy our next one from them in a heartbeat..

They don't seem to discount much - probably because they know they have a unique product that is fairly priced. Not like you can buy the same mattress at another store, and they know it - so..we paid pretty much full retail but it's worth every penny.

Forget what we paid but it was reasonable especially for as long as we've now had it. Hasn't shown "any" signs of wear and we're probably going on at least 6-7 years at this point. Just rotate and flip it like the old mattresses and it's doing fine.

Love that we have "real" box springs also, not the junk the big name brands are doing (basically plywood boxes with no springs). AND, real coil innersprings. Very nice mattress..

Good luck!

PS - FWIW, I would stay away from foam (of any kind - latex, poly, Tempur, etc).

Foam provides very little support, no matter how "firm" they say it is.

Most people need a real coil innerspring. They made beds that way back in the olden days for good reason, and all the nifty sounding foams or air mattresses in the world are probably not going to work for a large number of people (like us)..

I'll never buy a latex or foam mattress ever again if I can help it. Innerspring ONLY..just like they made in the good ole days.

PS: I will say FloBeds (big Latex bed maker) bent over backward trying to help us and seemed to be really good people. I have a ton of different firmness latex pieces from them (as they kept sending us different kinds to try and never asked for any of it back) and a very expensive latex bed that basically is unused in our guest room. I'm almost afraid for anyone to try sleeping on it..

Mission Accomplished

After spending 6 weeks on our MSS (Mattress Selection Study) we ended up getting a Temper-pedic Clound Supreme Breeze w/Foundation for $2099.00. In addition, we will receive a $300 gift card and $100 based on JCP Points.

The reason we got such a good price was due to the fact that the part-time staff at JCP were unaware the Temper-pedic products were not ineligible for 40% off and the staff were not supposed to apply any portion of a discount to catalog sales.

Anyway, when they quoted the price, I made staff write the price down and guarantee they would honor it. Bottom line is, we saved over 2k on our top of top of the line Temper. Woohoo. :dance:

Buis Mattress - Holland, MI.

https://buismattress.net/

We drove from the far other side of the state to visit and lay on their mattresses before buying. At least 4 hours and probably closer to 6. THAT is how much we had a problem finding a mattress that would work for us.

Pretty sure they do "all" their manufacturing at that location and a lot of it is done by hand, the old fashioned way.

We LOVE our mattress and have tried every name brand there is - returned every single one of them and finally found our best fit with the Buis.

This is one of those companies that seems like it's been around for a hundred years or so..their showroom is nothing fancy and DEFINITELY mom and pop feel to the whole company. No idea how long they've been in business but hope they are always around as we'd buy our next one from them in a heartbeat..

They don't seem to discount much - probably because they know they have a unique product that is fairly priced. Not like you can buy the same mattress at another store, and they know it - so..we paid pretty much full retail but it's worth every penny.

Forget what we paid but it was reasonable especially for as long as we've now had it. Hasn't shown "any" signs of wear and we're probably going on at least 6-7 years at this point. Just rotate and flip it like the old mattresses and it's doing fine.

Love that we have "real" box springs also, not the junk the big name brands are doing (basically plywood boxes with no springs). AND, real coil innersprings. Very nice mattress..

Good luck!

Does the mattress have a brand name or is their store brand? Being as you were so far away did you pick it up or can they deliver to other states?

Which level of firmness Saatva did you get?

I have the 'Plush Soft' and really like it, it's comfortably soft but also provides good support IMO. Just got back from a month in Asia sleeping on a very firm mattress and my back didn't appreciate it, after a few days back home it feels much better. They do offer a 120 day home trial, I think they charge $99 if you decide to return it or exchange it for another model.

The cruel irony is, I almost always sleep better in hotel beds, presumably cheaper and lower tech than the expensive mattresses at home...

It's not impossible that this is because you are away from the place where your "to do" list also lives. Since you are away from it, you can't "do" anything and you relax more.

We bought Amerisleep online. Couldn't be happier. Was weird at first buying a bed in a box but it is truly awesome.

Back
Top Bottom