Meal preparation services experiences?

By way of update, after cancelling Blue Apron we ordered two meals from Chef'd.

We ordered two chicken meals that were supposed to take ten minutes. We won't be ordering more from Chef'd. There were no problems with delivery, and we liked being able to pick our delivery day. However, the meals contained very little fresh food, and both meals for two people contained only 5 ounces of chicken. Yes, 2 1/2 ounces of chicken per person per meal! Pasta and rice made up the balance. They don't include any nutrition information at all, but I'm suspecting the meals are not very healthy. They tasted pretty good, though. They also took longer than 10 minutes to prepare, but we figured that. They shouldn't mis-state the time.

We are kind of done with the whole concept of these meal kits. Maybe in time we will give another one a try.

I see even Martha Stewart has jumped on the meal plan bandwagon with Martha & Marley spoon . I looked at the website but the reviews are not great .

By way of update, after cancelling Blue Apron we ordered two meals from Chef'd.

We ordered two chicken meals that were supposed to take ten minutes. We won't be ordering more from Chef'd. There were no problems with delivery, and we liked being able to pick our delivery day. However, the meals contained very little fresh food, and both meals for two people contained only 5 ounces of chicken. Yes, 2 1/2 ounces of chicken per person per meal! Pasta and rice made up the balance. They don't include any nutrition information at all, but I'm suspecting the meals are not very healthy. They tasted pretty good, though. They also took longer than 10 minutes to prepare, but we figured that. They shouldn't mis-state the time.

We are kind of done with the whole concept of these meal kits. Maybe in time we will give another one a try.
I think your review is absolutely correct about the quality of their meals, although ChefD does include the nutritional information for every meal on their website. You're right, though; I don't recall seeing it in the material shipped to me. If the calories they claim are correct (and that's a big "if"), I think they are amazingly tasty for the calories since I was getting 3-4 meals from each supposedly 2 portion meal.

I feel vindicated that it wasn't just me who needed more than 10 minutes to prepare their 10-minute meals. :LOL:

I didn't measure the weight of the chicken, but maybe that low weight of chicken is why I didn't feel the meals were what I wanted. Like you, I felt they were delicious but had too much pasta for me. I prefer just getting overpriced meat from ButcherBox, plus I am still not happy with ChefD's delivery issues. So, I don't plan to order from Chef'D any more but will continue with ButcherBox.

Now that I have ordered from ChefD once, their ads are everywhere I go on the internet and I get a lot of e-mails from them about various meals they now offer. Honestly I think that is pretty low to aim so much advertising at me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom