Men's health: stand up or sit down?

There's also drunkenness with public urinals.

I was just going to post that with a note, No wonder there is splashing around the toilet!

Not a fan of public urinals due to splash back and usually opt for a stall with a commode. It is amazing how adapt I have become mastering raising and lowering a toilet seat with one foot, even while wearing golf shoes. Hey, first world problems call for first world solutions ! As Mike Tyson might say, this thread is getting a bit on the pithy side !

OMG! The things I learn on the ER Forum. :LOL: Obviously I have no suggestions, except this: Any of you guys who live with your wife or sweetie, and have this problem, be sure to carefully and completely clean the bathroom up yourself every single time you "go", without fail. Otherwise it could become a source of arguments and unhappiness for both. Believe it or not, even the most loving wife or SO doesn't always feel blissfully happy at the prospect of cleaning up her hubby/SO's urine that he sprayed all over the bathroom. :sick:

I guess I can add this to my list of reasons why I prefer to live alone! :D

I toilet trained six males. I did not actually clean the soaked seat with the top of anyone's head (although after catching two of them "dueling" in bathroom, there may have been such a threat). Said individuals however, were routinely tracked down to clean up after themselves, and repeat offenders were given Supervised Bathroom Cleaning Duty. (To be clear, I was very gentle/soft spoken with them when they were being trained. It was when they got older and knew better, and sprayed down the bathroom that cleaning penalties were imposed.)

Last edited:
Watch out were the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow - FZ

There was a time when my mother said, "if you boys don't learn to aim that that thing, I'm going to come in there and aim it for you!

There's also drunkenness with public urinals.
And never at home?

A friend of mine who was a GP suggested sitting down to more fully empty the bladder, but I haven't found that true either.

I don't have a problem going while sitting, whether it's on a standard toilet or one with a raised seat, but I had trouble going while sitting in the back seat of a car once, maybe because of the muscles I had to use to sit forward.

I think the healthier your prostate is the more you splash.

If you pee into a dentist's sink with the whirlpool going I bet it won't splash. Or maybe the whirlpool would have to have deeper water, but it's something toilet manufacturers should look into.

Last edited:
I always sit down at home. We have bidets with heated seats so it's a very comfy place to sit. So comfy that sometimes I forget to get up when I'm done.

A friend of mine who was a GP suggested sitting down to more fully empty the bladder, but I haven't found that true either.

Actually, I have noticed several times having urinated, and then not too much later sitting down for the other end, only to find myself urinating some more in the process. Meaning my bladder was not fully emptied from having stood but cleared the remainder while sitting.

I stand. And I do not "splash". No issues :).

I started sitting since we moved into our latest home. It helps that we had a comfort height bowl installed when we renovated. Before this I used to bend my knees to get lower to try to mitigate splashing.

Always stood at night but after being persuaded on this forum to buy a Toto Washlet Seat with auto-flush I find it better to sit. We keep the bedroom cool and the seat is electronically heated which is fabulous. Plus the toilet knows to flush after you have been seated, but standing requires a manual remote button. The seat and lid actually open and close automatically after you’ve gone back to bed. I find it way better that wobbling around half awake and trying to aim in the dark. I do the cleaning in this bath and so I also enjoy not making any mess. This Toto toilet is a fine piece of work which by design stays cleaner, and is easier to clean, than our other toilets. I am also often out in the woods on a large lot so daytimes aren’t usually a problem. I’m watering trees then.

How about the back yard, behind a tree?

My favorite spot...:cool:

Having had prostate cancer, I had the catheter for 13 days post surgery. The surgery can, as can the catheter, alter things down there a little. What used to be a stream is now more often than not a spray. So I sit, unless I’m at a urinal...or a tree. Given Covid, there hasn’t been much standing in the past year.

Last edited:
Why not just pee into a plastic urinal, or an apple juice jar, and then pour it gently into the toilet?

I always sit down at home. We have bidets with heated seats so it's a very comfy place to sit. So comfy that sometimes I forget to get up when I'm done.

We have a full bath off the bedroom. I have a flat screen on the wall of the bedroom with a swivel mount. I mounted a mirror on the opposite wall on a piano hinge. I have string with two hooks to stop the mirror at two different angles. One is for when I'm in the bath tub and the other is when I'm on the toilet. The biggest problem; the drivers in Nascar go around the track in the wrong direction. :LOL:

I was cleaning my own toilet and shower at 10 ish. So I sat down to minimize the cleanup. Been there ever since.

Toilet Notice.jpg

Back
Top Bottom