New iPhone/Apple Watch?

Bought iPhone X's for DW and me 2 years ago. Just finished 2 years worth of $42 monthly payments on each phone this month. Went to the Xfinity store last week and there weren't any posters promoting iPhone sales/tradeins - and I didn't ask.

BIL and SIL just got 11's and they like them a lot - take great photos - which is the only reason I want one. But 'I'll wait to at least the 12 comes out.

Picked up a iPhone 11 today with a modest discount.
Now trying to restore the backup .....

Finally got sick of the battery life on my SE and replaced it with an iPhone 11. They gave me $100 off on a trade-in promotion. I did not realize what I was missing in terms of display and ease of use, this phone is great so far and will see much more use than its predecessor.

Looks like the new SE is on the way.

Apple just announced a cheaper iPhone model called the iPhone SE on Wednesday.

It’s the successor that carries the same name as the original iPhone SE that launched in 2016.

The iPhone SE has many of the internal components found in the more expensive iPhone 11, but the design is similar to 2017′s iPhone 8.
It costs $399, pre-orders begin on Friday, April 17 and it arrives by April 24.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/apple-iphone-se-price-release-date.html

It’s just a cheaper upgrade to the iPhone8, not the original form factor of the SE. I went ahead and bought an iPhone8 at the end of last year, since the form factor was changing anyway, and I didn't really care about a cheaper iPhone 8 and really needed to replace your SE!

Last edited:
The Apple watch has a really nice feature that I've mostly ignored over the years but has come in quite handy during the pandemic. I can use the watch to snap photos from my iPhone. By placing the iPhone on a wall behind me and using the watch to line myself up I can take a picture of the back of my head to know when it's time to trim my neckline. Works really well.

I’m able to keep my phone put away when out running errands, and use my Apple Watch. Which I can then easily wipe off with an alcohol wipe.

There’s a news piece out about changes to iOS to help unlocking a phone that uses FaceID. Apparently necessitated in these times where face masks are increasingly required (who knew?).

The basic change is to allow a swipe up to fast track the user to authenticate by passcode.

There’s a news piece out about changes to iOS to help unlocking a phone that uses FaceID. Apparently necessitated in these times where face masks are increasingly required (who knew?).

The basic change is to allow a swipe up to fast track the user to authenticate by passcode.

Passcode has always been the equivalent to face ID. When I go to the store wearing a mask it takes me less than 5 seconds to authenticate with the passcode, so I hardly consider it a bother.

Back
Top Bottom