NFL: 2017 Season

+2. At least the Steelers won fair and square. The Chiefs just couldn't get it together and they paid.

Exciting game last night, too bad Oakland didn't miss the PAT and send it into OT.

Cowboys (and Dak) were awesome today. Knocked the 49er's down to their knees. Texas teams (football and baseball) are having a pretty good week. To bad the Texans had a bye week, it could have been perfect.

Last edited:
SEA vs. NYG was neck-n-neck up to the 4th Q. A bit scary. But "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

ATL vs. NE tonight should be a fun game to watch. I hope Falcons lose, because anytime a fellow conference team loses, it makes it better for my team come the playoff standings. Go NE!

Last edited:
The GM makes most of the personnel decisions, not the coach. The coach works with what he is given. Belichick wouldn't make up for no running game and a bad defense. Rodgers is great and that is why GB has been a decent team for the last decade. The GM needs to pick the right draft picks or make the right trades to get better talent for McCarthy and Rodgers to work with.

GMs have to decide is a good backup QB a necessity or luxury. Does the GM have a proven backup, or have someone who is still learning? That's the choice. Good quality, backups aren't that easy to have around.

Rodgers makes everyone else better. With him out, the division is up for grabs... Brings a smile to all the other teams in the division.

+1. Imagine Zack Miller's feelings sitting in the end zone with a severe injury (looked like a broken leg), hearing that his touchdown was ruled as an incomplete pass.

I only watched the replay of the catch or no catch one time as the injury was too gruesome for me to watch over and over.

I looked at the overturn similar to the "Calvin Johnson having to make a football move" rule.

Bears fan here, but more upset about the bad offensive coordinator (OC) choosing to pass twice (both incomplete and turning possession over on downs, of course) instead of just running the ball. The OC has that habit. He should have just QB kept the ball twice (Trubisky is a big guy) or gave the ball to Howard :facepalm:.

+1. Imagine Zack Miller's feelings sitting in the end zone with a severe injury (looked like a broken leg), hearing that his touchdown was ruled as an incomplete pass.
I am happy to read a moment ago that Miller's leg surgery went well. Earlier today they were reporting that he might lose the leg due to serious vascular/artery damage.

Never thought I'd say this, as much as I hate the Seahawks, but I'm so glad they won.
Deshaun Watson is a beast! Man, is he good.

I heard on a local TV program that Wilson and Watson are the only two QBs in the Superbowl era to have thrown 4 TDs and rack over 400 yards (including 30+ rushing) in a single game, and they both did it in the same game. (BTW: Wilson racked up more yards than the team as a whole, due to some negative yards during some runs and a negative gain on a Tyler Lockett catch.)

Last edited:
I am happy to read a moment ago that Miller's leg surgery went well. Earlier today they were reporting that he might lose the leg due to serious vascular/artery damage.

He tore an artery in left leg, had to use of from right leg to repair. Glad to hear surgery went well. Just saw a still picture of the injury...not for faint of heart and wish I didn't see :(.

I only watched the replay of the catch or no catch one time as the injury was too gruesome for me to watch over and over.

I watched it as a replay too. Definitely gruesome, and I can't understand how it wasn't a touchdown. But as injuries go, it still wasn't as horrible to see as the Joe Theismann break. I bet they showed that 25 times when it happened.

Great that Zach Miller got through the artery surgery well. I saw on the news that Coach Fox talked with Zach on the phone today. Miller will be in the New Orleans hospital for a few days before he can come home. Bears medical staff is staying in NOLA with him.

Jimmy Garoppolo got traded. Interesting...

The New England Patriots have traded backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to the San Francisco 49ers in a surprising move, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
The 49ers are sending a 2018 second-round draft pick in exchange, according to Schefter.
Schefter reported that the Patriots and 49ers began discussing trades around Garoppolo on Monday morning and agreed to the deal by Monday night.
The deal comes after months of speculation about Garoppolo's future. Garoppolo will be a free agent after this season, and though it was reported the Patriots viewed him as a future franchise quarterback, there have been no signs of Tom Brady, at 40, slowing down.

Patriots trade Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers - Business Insider

Wow that is a shocker. Let's hope Brady stays healthy.

A shocker for sure but I believe Belichick will have a plan in place. It looks like SF released Brian Hoyer after acquiring Jimmy G. I bet he will be signed to backup Brady. He was in the system for 3 years before.

" In Bill we trust" :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I had read that Brian Hoyer might be signed. That's why I said let's hope Brady stays healthy!

On the other hand, it is good to see Jimmy Garoppolo get his chance.

Back
Top Bottom