NFL: 2022 Season

If you're a fan of a particular team, watching the playoff games is such craziness.

We watched SB LII (Feb 2018) with a few younger guys, in their 20's. Their lives as fans were one disappointment after another. They had not a single positive thought during that game. And I knew that feeling from Super Bowl XXXIX, when the Eagles lost by 3 to the Patriots.

But I had no doubt it would happen even during that insane ending in 2018.

For me, football season is over. All basketball now.
To each his/her own. I enjoy watching pro football, even if our team has been eliminated. I'm sad knowing the season is over after the SB, looking forward to next season...

I don't start watching basketball until after the Superbowl no matter who is left in the NFL playoffs.

After the SB, I go in hiding until baseball season. I call this period the black hole of sports. LOL!

And I don't watch ice boxing either!:LOL:

After the SB, I go in hiding until baseball season. I call this period the black hole of sports. LOL!

I never got into baseball so the black hole of sports to me in the time between the end of basketball and the start of the new football season.

I never got into baseball so the black hole of sports to me in the time between the end of basketball and the start of the new football season.

That's a black hole also! Although basketball season seems to stretch out pretty far with the playoffs. And now the preseason NFL games start in August. And now the World Series goes into the start of November when it used to be over in early October. Whew!

I don't watch basketball, hockey etc. I don't watch much baseball either but I'll typically watch the all star game and playoffs. I will probably watch some of the XFL (starts mid Feb) and the USFL (starts mid April) games. The level of play isn't typically what the NFL is (well depending on the teams :)) but the difference in the rules/officiating makes them interesting to me. It will be interesting to see how/if these leagues survive and/or evolve.

Last edited:
I don't start watching basketball until after the Superbowl no matter who is left in the NFL playoffs.

I may watch the SB since "it's the law" and we usually get invited to watch with friends. But we will be away in February so we had to decline.

Will see highlights and commercials available online, but even those have been no great shakes in recent years.

And the halftime...well...usually a big disappointment at best.

I follow college sports much more closely. More pure. And we go to probably 15-20 games live per year.

I don't know, early March with the college tournaments and then late March/Early April with March Madness is a pretty good time :). I don't get that interested in baseball until sometime in May, unless some interesting streak is going on in April.

IMG_4581.JPG

LOL. Same as Yankees fans. Anytime I get into a discussion with one it's "27 World Championships".

@Dash man, you da man! I am going to show that to my Cowboys fan friends this weekend, and then run like heck :).

Where did Patriots fans go? They were all over the inter webs in 2017.

Looks like a good possibility Cowboys will lose both OC and DC, plus they have many unrestricted free agents. Then there is Dak and Zeke ridiculous contracts. I see some big struggles in 2023.

Looks like a good possibility Cowboys will lose both OC and DC, plus they have many unrestricted free agents. Then there is Dak and Zeke ridiculous contracts. I see some big struggles in 2023.

DC staying. that's good. OC perhaps not, may also be fine.

DC staying. that's good. OC perhaps not, may also be fine.

They also got rid of a bunch of assistant coaches some of which are hard to understand given players they have help develop. None of this makes up for Jones stupid contract decisions with Dak and Zeke.

Cowboy fans respond to this harrassment:

Attachments

• 326701961_552521166930468_117888128190722561_n.jpeg
    326701961_552521166930468_117888128190722561_n.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 29
Love seeing the best teams moving forward. That should make some exciting games. Both the AFC and NFC games are going to be fun to watch and frankly no team seems better than the other that you wont think its competitive. Frankly for both games, it will come down to the wire and whichever team has the last "real" possession will be the winner. ("real" in terms of time... if you get the ball with 2 seconds left.. is that really a true possession).

Rooting for a Bengals and Eagles game in the SB.

Back
Top Bottom