NFL 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
As a Bears fan, my heart says hope Rodgers gets traded the way of Favre (to the Jets). Yes, he does own the Bears. As a spectator, IMO the Jets gotta be crazy to seek out all the drama for a QB for whatever reason has problems in the playoffs.

Aaron Rodgers is in the exact spot that he wants to be in right now: the center of the NFL’s attention and holding two franchises hostage for their full-out focus as well. He’s been enjoying three long months of this process and I personally don’t blame him one bit — I’d do the same thing.

The New York Jets have reportedly signed wide receiver Allen Lazard to a deal, which originally was viewed as a sign that Rodgers would indeed headed to the Big Apple. However, this latest report seems to show that the franchises themselves (Jets and Green Bay Packers) are still far from a deal. In fact, the two teams seem to be so stretched out from each other that talks have turned into a standoff. And you know Rodgers has to be loving this. It just creates more storylines and give him further control of the news cycle in sports.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/03/15/...k-jets-standoff-aaron-rodgers-trade-football/

If Rodgers doesn't go to NY then he just helped GB get rid of one or their few good WRs. Rodgers already didn't have enough weapons. I have no doubt Rodgers is GBs best chance of having a good season but with all the drama it may be best to let him go and just have a few years of rebuilding.

In the playoffs, why the Packers aren't more successful under him is a mystery. Not all on him as some games in the past the opposing teams just won.

If I was GB, I wouldn't have thought about trading him this year as last year was no coincidence that the slide starting happening after he got hurt in London. Otherwise, their record would've been better. IMO, they should've let him sit a few games to heal his thumb and play Love those games. But team was probably too afraid to tell him to sit out.

I've been a Jimmy G fan ever since he was Brady's backup in New England, although he is injury prone. I'm glad to see him land a home with the Raiders and Josh McDaniels. I didn't think that the 49ers were very good to him.

I've been a Jimmy G fan ever since he was Brady's backup in New England, although he is injury prone. I'm glad to see him land a home with the Raiders and Josh McDaniels. I didn't think that the 49ers were very good to him.

Guess the 49ers higher ups were made up no matter what. Of the 3 QBs before Jimmy G went to the Raiders, I think he would've given the 49ers the best chance next year.

I just tuned in to part of the Rodgers interview (live at the moment on youtube). Surely sounds like both GB and he wants out. Him saying his intentions are to play with the Jets but he's under contract to for the Packers. I thought he might be cryptic and keeping everyone guessing, but not at all. The it's part of the business thing, moving on.

I tuned out though after too many F-bombs :( thrown by him and interviewer.

Just waiting to see where Tom Brady goes this year. Clearly trying for the record of un-retiring. Suffers from the OMY syndrome and/or he lost a lot of money in FTX.

I'm not going to believe anything about Rodgers going to the Jets unless I see him actually take a snap in a Jets uniform.

Over the years, we’ve seen multiple teams claim they have “no intention” to trade a given player. Not long before trading him.

Now, a player is using the “I” word. So when Aaron Rodgers says, “Since Friday, I made it clear that my intention was to play and my intention was to play for the Jets,” was he carving out the ability to eventually change his mind?

Ordinarily, I wouldn’t think anything of it. But “intention” has become a somewhat loaded word in NFL circles. Then there’s the fact that Rodgers once deliberately hid behind another “I” word.

So fool me once, shame on you.

Rodgers had a reason (although not a good one) to play word games during the 2021 season. He potentially has a reason for playing word games now. If the Packers continue to take a hard line in trade negotiations with the Jets, Rodgers at some point could say, “Well, my intention has changed” and show up for work in Green Bay.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-says-its-his-intention-to-play-for-the-jets/

As a Bears fan, my heart says hope Rodgers gets traded the way of Favre (to the Jets). Yes, he does own the Bears. As a spectator, IMO the Jets gotta be crazy to seek out all the drama for a QB for whatever reason has problems in the playoffs.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/03/15/...k-jets-standoff-aaron-rodgers-trade-football/

As a Packers fan, I’m in complete agreement with a Bears fan. The deal is far from done though. The Packers are in no hurry to trade Mr. MVP for less than fair value. The cap hit is the same whether he retires or gets traded to whomever.

Looks like the Rodgers to Jets trade is happening.

There's been so much clickbait articles about the trade over the past months that while watching news today, the actual trade news snuck by me.

Hall of Fame Game

The NFL's preseason starts this Thursday, August 3, with the Hall of Fame game. Let the games begin! :popcorn:

Gotta start practicing with fantasy mock drafts to get ready for the season :).

With Brady out for good (?) the last of my favorite players are now gone/retired. I guess I'll be back just rooting for the Cowboys exclusively this year.

As a Packer fan every year with Rodgers had high expectations and they never came to fruition except for 2010. Now with Love, there are no expectations so the games should just be fun to watch.

^^^ What is more patriotic.. rooting for Patriots... or rooting for Cowboys?

And don't give me that America's team bunk... dated marketing that was questionable to start. :D

^^^ What is more patriotic..[-] rooting for Patriots... or[/-] rooting for Cowboys?

And don't give me that America's team bunk... dated marketing that was questionable to start. :D
:duh: The Cowboys Cheerleaders are a good enough reason to pick Dallas... Although I think the squads from the 80's and 90's timeframe's were probably some of the best. YMMV

Last edited:
:duh: The Cowboys Cheerleaders are a good enough reason to pick Dallas... Although I think the squads from the 80's and 90's timeframe's were probably some of the best. YMMV

You mean the cheerleading squads, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom