Philosophical Question: Calling people "Stupid" "Moron" etc.

My Mother, who was Irish, said "prat" meant your rear end. Hence "pratfall."

Ha Ha .... A lot of Americans do not know what that REALLY means. Kinda like "Bu$$er". Us Britts can have fun with that, (and in my case have had).

My mother had colorful swear words for every occasion. Because she was Cockney, no one could understand them.

Name calling seems to gaining acceptability. I had someone tell me yesterday that "if" I thought something I was a "uninformed buffoon". Surprised by the statement I reread what I had said and I said nothing even about the subject of his "if". I didn't respond. I figured if I had not engaged the subject of his accusation at all, he was rather pathetic.

There I go calling someone pathetic. Name calling heading for universal acceptance.

Even people who don't read books or newspapers, pick up vocabulary words making the social media rounds. And insults, nurtured by the fact that you can't punch someone in the face on the Internet, have been gaining ground for some time.

Once, a woman (complete stranger - I was on someone else's FB page), outraged by some opinion I expressed, told me to go to North Korea. I would bet next month's pension she couldn't find Pyongyang on a map.

Name calling seems to gaining acceptability. I had someone tell me yesterday that "if" I thought something I was a "uninformed buffoon". Surprised by the statement I reread what I had said and I said nothing even about the subject of his "if". I didn't respond. I figured if I had not engaged the subject of his accusation at all, he was rather pathetic.

There I go calling someone pathetic. Name calling heading for universal acceptance.

Back
Top Bottom