PlayStation Vue!

I experienced just the opposite with Sling. A lot of buffering and blurry images. Went back to Vue and it works flawlessly for me. Cost more but worth it. The new voice control feature is really nice with Vue.

I experienced just the opposite with Sling. A lot of buffering and blurry images. Went back to Vue and it works flawlessly for me. Cost more but worth it. The new voice control feature is really nice with Vue.
+1, same experience here though I don’t have either at the moment since Dish TV reduced our costs by more than half. PS Vue and YouTube TV worked much better here than Sling or DirecTV Now.

And in general, we should be comparing apples to apples in the thread for casual or new readers.
  • Some online providers have no live content, only on demand after the broadcast - up to a year later!
  • Some have original programming, some don’t.
  • Some work better on some streaming hardware better than others (Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Chromecast, etc.). Or only work on some, not others.
  • Some have local major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox), some don’t.
  • Some offer cloud DVR, some don’t (saying it’s in beta forever).
  • Some allow 3-6 simultaneous streams, some only 1!
  • They all offer different channel line ups.
  • And of course some have more buffering issues than others, which may be due to your internet bandwidth more than the steaming service.
Comparisons need some explanation...

Last edited:
Direct TV came back with a $29.99 per month offer for 12 months plus a $200 gift card. I did not bite. I like being able to watch shows whenever I want. I also like paying one price and get service anywhere in the country on multiple devices. I think the real threat to all streaming services and cable/satellite services is OTA TV for local channels with free streaming TV service such as Pluto TV to get all the filler channels that cable and satellite services offer.

I am curious about Pluto TV. Maybe I have a different version? When I look at Pluto TV I just see a bunch of weird stations - not something I was accustomed to seeing on cable. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I am curious about Pluto TV. Maybe I have a different version? When I look at Pluto TV I just see a bunch of weird stations - not something I was accustomed to seeing on cable. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Pluto TV tries to mimic a Cable TV experience except for free. The link below has the latest channel guide:

Explore All Channels | Pluto TV

Pluto TV now has over 6 million active users, far ahead of any other streaming TV service. You can't beat a free service. If my wife wasn't hooked on Bravo TV and me with Comedy Central and Southpark, I would dump my Sling TV service and just stick with Pluto TV and other free streaming services and Netflix.

Pluto TV tries to mimic a Cable TV experience except for free. The link below has the latest channel guide:

Explore All Channels | Pluto TV

Pluto TV now has over 6 million active users, far ahead of any other streaming TV service. You can't beat a free service. If my wife wasn't hooked on Bravo TV and me with Comedy Central and Southpark, I would dump my Sling TV service and just stick with Pluto TV and other free streaming services and Netflix.

OK, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom