Poll on Worst Drivers by Automobile Manufacturer

Automotive Poll on Worst Drivers by Manufacturer - Select One or More

• GM (Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, GMC)

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Stellantis (Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, Ram)

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Ford / Lincoln

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Honda / Acura

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Toyota / Lexus

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Nissan / Infiniti

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Subaru

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Fiat

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Mini

• Tesla

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Rivian

• Audi

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Alfa Romeo

• BMW

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Mercedes Benz

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • Bentley

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Volvo

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Volkswagen

• Hyundai / Kia

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 8.0%

• Total voters
I thought 9/10 cars in Colorado were Subaru's regardless of what lane they are in.

Actually, it's not a certain make and model. If there's a car in the left lane refusing to move over and let people pass, my experience has been that it's usually a car with Ohio plates. I learned to drive in Texas and have driven all over this country. I learned the left lane was for passing. After moving to Ohio, I deduced that Ohio must not include that concept in driver's Ed. Both my sons learned to drive in Ohio...one stays in the right lane, only passing in the left. The other stays in the left! So who knows. I moved back to Ohio a year ago and noticed they are putting up signs saying slower traffic keep right. Not sure that means people will actually drive differently.

Last edited:
18 wheelers in my area. Just about every accident and fatal accident a semi is involved. I would go out on a limb and 90% semis are involved in my area and none of those drivers every get hurt and walk away.

Is a terrible thing but a fact.

I try to stay clear of the semis. I've been run off the road by one, a friend was almost killed when a semi tire blew and flew into her car. And the main reason....I had a truck driver say to me "I've driven more miles asleep than you have awake." That really frightened me. I give them space, quickly get around them, and watch how they are driving.

What’s the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? With a porcupine the prick is on the outside!

We have 2 Audi's and a Porsche. All of our cars are more than capable of pulling the a**hole maneuvers that we see BMW drivers pull on a regular basis, but we don't. Not sure why they are so aggressive on the road.

Last edited:
Any sedan that uses all 6 lanes of the interstate in a single mile cutting off anyone impeding their race.

20+ years ago I was thinking of buying a new Corvette, and asked our agent (State Farm) how much my premiums would increase. He looked it up and said the only increase would be from the increased value of the car, State Farm had very good results with Corvettes.

Here we are after 22 years in a Corvette club that is drives a lot and a fair amount of autocrossing and track days. There must have been a few little fender-benders, but any serious accident or serious moving ticket would have surfaced, but it's not happening. The two serious accidents involving members have been in their tin cars in ordinary daily driving, I T-boned one idiot who blew a stop sign in front of me and just couldn't miss him.

I believe the old saying is "It's the Indian, not the arrow."

...I learned the left lane was for passing. After moving to Ohio, I deduced that Ohio must not include that concept in driver's Ed.

Around here it's Massachusetts drivers. If you want to pass in MA, you use the far right lane. Nobody's in it. As soon as they leave the exit, they cut across however many lanes it takes to get in the far left lane. Then stay there.

Your co-worker is an anti-baldite!

And she doesn't understand why "ladies" cross their legs when seated. But, everyone needs to be who they are so WTF, on ya go lady!

Last edited:
Around here it's Massachusetts drivers. If you want to pass in MA, you use the far right lane. Nobody's in it. As soon as they leave the exit, they cut across however many lanes it takes to get in the far left lane. Then stay there.

I had a roommate from Boston. He had a facetious book - How to Drive in Boston that was hilarious. There was one intersection where it was illustrated how to navigate it over several page. The funny part was one car was stuck in it through the whole navigation. It also advised, "eye contact is submission."

I spent a few years regularly going to Lincoln Lab in Lexington and I heard exactly the same advice - Don't make eye contact, just go!

The worst are the ones that take their cheap car put an after market spoiler on the back, a loud exhaust system and rims and tires they couldn't afford and now think they are race car drivers.

I call those "fart cars" cause the exhaust sounds, ummm, like it's farting. IMO, not very race car sounding. Also, those cars don't seem to actually go much faster, just look flashier, in a cheap, lame sort of way.

I totaly agree on BMW, but that makes me think what kind of buyer buys BMW.

A third of our cars here in Paradise are Toyotas so it makes it difficult not to choose that brand. YMMV

Last edited:
I'd loved to make a smart-ass comment on that but since RAM drivers were just behind Telsa drivers it's probably best that I just keep my mouth shut. (Right now I have two RAM trucks):blush:

Likewise, I’d make a comment about Ram drivers but DW has a Subaru …

Attachments

• IMG_3425.jpeg
    IMG_3425.jpeg
    344.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Apparently we Buick drivers don't even "rate." I guess that's good. We're dull, "conservative," careful, sober. IOW, not much fun to be around. But the insurance companies love us!:cool:

Apparently we Buick drivers don't even "rate." I guess that's good. We're dull, "conservative," careful, sober. IOW, not much fun to be around. But the insurance companies love us!:cool:

This article is fun. The writer doesn't seem to really know a lot about autos since she is stuck more in tech and Tesla.

I love this part:
By contrast, drivers of Pontiac, Mercury and Saturn vehicles were all involved in fewer than 10 accidents per 1,000 drivers during the period of the study.

Buick is still around, but those three brands are dead. Anyone still driving one has to be babying them and thus not having "incidents." The reason is obvious. Count my DW as a driver of one of those brands.

The study also says: “It’s hard to nail down why certain brands may have higher accident rates than others. However, there are indications that certain types of vehicles attract riskier drivers than others.”

This is a PC quote as they soften it by saying "indications." We would all hope: "Everyone is beautiful and honorable so brands shouldn't matter." The fact of the matter is that brands and models have always mattered, and insurance companies have been allowed to discriminate based on this since the dawn of the auto.

Last edited:
Not so much the carmaker but for me it's those Hugh Jass SUVs and light trucks which are driven by the worst drivers. What makes me despise them more is that they block my view of what's in front of them, especially on the parkways and expressways where a longer sight distance is more crucial. At least with the smaller cars with annoying/dangerous drivers, I can see what's ahead of them if they are in front of me and be able to react accordingly.

Not so much the carmaker but for me it's those Hugh Jass SUVs and light trucks which are driven by the worst drivers.

They often park their garbage using 2 parking spots. Looks really like their net worth is in those vehicels and they are terrified somone will bump them :LOL:

Not so much the carmaker but for me it's those Hugh Jass SUVs and light trucks which are driven by the worst drivers. What makes me despise them more is that they block my view of what's in front of them, especially on the parkways and expressways where a longer sight distance is more crucial. At least with the smaller cars with annoying/dangerous drivers, I can see what's ahead of them if they are in front of me and be able to react accordingly.
OK, I'm sure this will draw some hate mail/comments (as if I care) but "IMO", while maybe not the worse drivers, for me it's RV drivers that block my view and basically "get in the way". Sure I understand they may need/want to go a little slower, and they have a harder time climbing hills but sometimes (often) it gets ridiculous. (e.g going 25 to 30 mph below the posted speed limits) It's ~15 miles to the nearest town around here and often I see a RV backing up lines of 15+ cars behind by the time they get to town. Then 18 wheelers get stuck behind them and can't maintain speed up hills and exacerbate the problem. Around here, we have improved shoulders on many roads. Slower moving big trucks and cars will often use them (as a courtesy) to allow faster vehicles to pass. Not so, with most RV drivers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom