Post Your Dog Pictures Here

Here are our 2.
215422.jpg

Here are our 2.
215422.jpg

Border collie on the right? They sure are smart dogs. I inherited my dad's when I inherited him. I've always had terriers 14-17 lbs thinking small dog small poop!;) My JRT proved me wrong. There's a guy in my area that works two at the same time in a large field. It's amazing the control he has on both from a distance.

Here is a picture of my baby enjoying the snow over the weekend. :) Pretty much sums up my portfolio's performance so far this year.

img_604900_0_7557771d39fd51837655a5b8f93f62fd.jpg

Oh, yes, the border collies! Every BC I know could be called Shadow, for that wonderful habit of following you from room to room in the house! Here's my matriarch, Grace, of the BC herd at my house.

Attachments

• Grace.JPG
    Grace.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
Here is Zues holding down the back porch.

Attachments

• DSCN0883.JPG
    DSCN0883.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 3
Not quite sure what kind of dog this is, but it has really big feet and long legs. Won't come when i call and the bunnies don't show when he's in the area. Pretty friendly and has a really deep voice when he growls. Haven't petted him yet..
Dogs are ok if you are into the whole unconditional love thing, but i prefer cats. We visited some friends down in La Quinta Ca. Friday - they have a Weimerauer (big grey shorthair with expressive gold eyes - glides when it's trotting) - real nice dog, but it was troubled by me. I can buy most dog's affection with regular application of treats, but my gal suggests that my low slow voice sounds like a growl to a dog, thus getting them unhappy with me. Could be - had a dog as a kid and all was well.

Attachments

• Rufus 012.jpg
    Rufus 012.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
What a great Redbone, Gatorbuzz--are you going to hunt him?

Yes, rainy days are sad days for my BCs! And, since they associate rain with thunder, rainy days are scary, hide-in-the-bathtub all day kind of days!
My all-time favorite foster dog was a smooth coat that looks a bit like your lovely fellow. Here's Petey:

Attachments

• Pretty Petey.JPG
    Pretty Petey.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 7
What a great Redbone, Gatorbuzz--are you going to hunt him?

We don't formally hunt with her, but we live on ten acres. She hunts on her own every night. She trees raccoons, opossums and corners armadillos all the time. She'll pretty much bay anything that moves. She's cornered snakes and even tries to tree lizards on the side of the house sometimes. lol. She is a nut, but we love her.

BTW, great BC! Our neighbor has one (she has a sheep herd of about twenty head). My dog plays with hers all the time. They are pretty hilarious together. You should see it. The BC tries to herd the Redbone and the Redbone tries to chase the BC while being herded.

47b8df02b3127cceb47b4aa6887900000020100AcuWrZy5Zs2Kg

Here's my 4-yr old hiking buddy

Last edited:
My mini schnauzer

Here's is my mini schnauzer. With his
"I'm ready for whatever we're doing next"
expression..

Attachments

• zootpic.jpg
    zootpic.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 149
Honobob,
Yes the one on the right is in fact a Border Collie. We rescued him from certain death on a highway 11 years ago and think he is 14 now. He has seizures on and off which we have found come with the breed. The more fat (butter, cheese) we give him the fewer seizures he has. He seems to like to "herd" us around and is happiest when he has us all in the same room.
He is smart. He is also the most stubborn dog my husband (the Dog lover) has ever seen. He refuses to play ball with my husband but will bring the ball to me (who doesn't want to play)and drop it in my lap. Trying to walk him on a leash is a struggle though at 14 he has mellowed out a lot. He no longer jumps over our sofas any more like he did when we first got him. Being hit by 3 cars when he ran away from us and getting an artificial hip and shattered front leg repaired stopped that noise.

Tibbar, I've fortunately never had any with seizures but that is interesting that higher fats reduce the severity. Ours are mostly all ball hounds and will bring the ball to whoever has on dress pants, as a rule. Obstinate though, about most things.

I've got 3 classic black/whites right now, plus my backup brown dog Carl dog. I just placed a lovely red/white foster with a family on Sunday. We've had 15 border fosters iand maybe another 5 mixes or what-have-you over the years. Plus the five resident cats. Good thing I have a patient husband. ;)
Glad that you have had a good long ride with yours--Grace is 14, too. The teens is when we finally get to come home to a house that looks somewhat like it did when we left it that morning!

Gator, that is the best life ever for a coonhound, as you know! BCs are funny about other dogs--they either ignore them or herd them. I bet those two are quite a sight!

Sarah in SC,
The picture I posted is probably the last time the 2 dogs were that close to each other. We have come to the conclusion the BC doesn't like the blond dog(inherited from my daughter). The BC can't stand anyone to pay her any attention and will come over and chew on her neck. They played together when the blond dog was a pup but now (5 years later) they just avoid each other. Good thing we have a big house!

Randy

a flat coated retriever or border collie, I would say, age 5 now.

Attachments

• randy004.jpg
    randy004.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 6
  • randy008.jpg
    randy008.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 129
Schnauzer just sounds like a naughty word to me... ;)

i like big dogs. one time i saw someone playing with this really cool big dog. i said "wow, that looks like a giant schnauzer."

i'd never seen one before. turns out that's just what it was, a giant schnauzer.

they look like this one i found on web:

Attachments

• giant.jpg
    giant.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 124
I use a picture of my dog, a 6 year old Shih Tzu, as my avitar. That's the only pix I have on this computer. Grandkids were visiting and dressed him up in his denim Harley Davidson hat. He used to wear hats a lot when his hair was long and he wore a pony-tail on top of his head...kept the hat in place. He thinks he's far too old for such silliness now, but he dotes on the grandkids, too...and lets them dress him in various hats, mardi gras beads, etc. Good boy!

Back
Top Bottom