Retiree or Wannabee?

How many years have you been (or until your goal date) FIRE'd?

• Been retired more than 10 years

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Been retired more than 5 years

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Retired within the last year

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Plan to retire within the next year

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • Plan to retire within 5 years

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • Plan to retire within 10 years

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Been Retired Less than 5 Years

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Plan to retire in more than 10 years

Votes: 13 13.0%

• Total voters
azanon said:
(edit) Also, if you're as old as that man in that picture, there's a good chance that actually i'm the one that's paying you.  I know for certain I pay SS taxes, and you may be collecting.   And folks living on SS pay little to no taxes.

Oh-oh Azanon, your ignorance is showing again. That man in the picture is one of our former presidents. I do not collect SS, though I will, as will you, and I paid $15,000 in income tax last year which is possibly more than you paid.

As for your moronic assertion that people who collect SS do not pay income taxes- wrong again!

I pass by frequent invitations to show what an idiot you are; I only do so when you directly ask me for it. For example by insulting retired people who post here, of whom I am one. You implied that we are wasting our time posting here. Quite possibly, but it is our time. You are wasting time that your employer, the federal government, has unwisely purchased from you. And since you are incredibly a GS-12 or 13, that government, my government, has paid you very well for it.

Again I will say- you are stealing time from the government, paid by the taxpayer, of whom I am one. So I have standing you dweeb. If you don’t want me to call your boss, go back to work.

If you enjoy getting jabbed at will, keep up your crap. Like Ali, I "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee".

Ha

HaHa said:
Oh-oh Azanon, your ignorance is showing again. That man in the picture is one of our former presidents. I do not collect SS, though I will, as will you, and I paid $15,000 in income tax last year which is possibly more than you paid.

As for your moronic assertion that people who collect SS do not pay income taxes- wrong again!

I pass by frequent invitations to show what an idiot you are, but only do so when you directly ask me for it.

For example by insulting retired people who post here, of whom I am one. You implied that we are wasting out time posting here. Quite possibly, but it is our time. You are wasting time that your employer, the federal government, has unfortunately purchased from you. And since you are incredibly a GS-12 or 13, that government, my government, has paid you very well for it.

Again I will say- you are stealing time from the government, paid by the taxpayer, of whom I am one. So I have standing you dweeb. If you don’t want me to call your boss, go back to work.

If you enjoy getting jabbed at will, keep up your crap.

ha

HaHa: Standing ovation here!! ;)

Jarhead

Hey, what am I, creamed liverwurst?  How do you get on this I'm-gonna-call-your-boss list?!

HaHa said:

As far as people who post here that are retired... What would the point of the site be if we didn't?

Isn't the whole reason we come here, whether retired or wannabe, to seek out like minds? It is nearly impossible to meet people who understand the balancing act that is FIRE... I LBYM, but I must be balanced, I'm worried about outliving my money and alienating my friends, but I must live my own life for me, etc.

Many of the things that people who have retired say on this board I already really know, but it is VERY reassuring that there are people out there living the dream, making it work, and willing to offer their tips on how to transition from work to early retirement.

Also, one of the things I do actually miss from work is the smart banter. I get some of that here.

tozz said:
Hey, what am I, creamed liverwurst?  How do you get on this I'm-gonna-call-your-boss list?!

Mainly you have to annoy me when I am in a bad mood. Azanon is particularly skilled at this.  :)

Ha

azanon said:
Not to offend any ERs that visit here, but if i were retired, i doubt i'd waste any time here.   If you notice, i tend to post here during typical work hrs  ;)
Good luck with that. It sounds like starting a long journey and deciding not to ask for directions.

After three years I still have plenty of questions that are answered by the more "experienced" ERs, even if it's just by reading their posts...

Nords said:
Good luck with that.  It sounds like starting a long journey and deciding not to ask for directions.

After three years I still have plenty of questions that are answered by the more "experienced" ERs, even if it's just by reading their posts...

Well hey...............there is no accounting for taste. Why, even after all my time here I still learn a few things :) (or at least I'm entertained).
I rarely log on without finding good stuff. IMHO this site is a treasure.

JG

Back
Top Bottom