Retirement and Eating

When you retire, you should have alot more time for exercise, so eating should not be a problem.

We eat out alot -- several times a week, but we rarely, if ever, eat more than half of what is put in front of us. We always take a to-go box or two home with us. Imagine taking half a Chili's hamburger home for next day's lunch! Also, they will serve steamed/sauteed veggies instead of fries if you like.

careful, a lot of restaurants like to toss their steamed veggies in butter...:duh:

my sis works at a chili's like chain restaurant and says they have a giant industrial slab of butter in the back - they butter the buns BEFORE the mayo!!! you can only view their calorie/fat counts online, but even then they show you what it is "per serving" and you may have 2-2.5 servings on your plate!

i looked once at the chart online (and turned away in horror:eek:) one burger was like over 1200 calories and 90 million grams of fat (ok, take out the million)...

Now that I am ERd I eat much better than when I was working regularly. Now I have time to eat regularly a low carb, low calorie diet. I work out at least 60 minutes each day in the AM. I find that eating at regular time and sane portions makes life much easier to take on.

Back
Top Bottom