RIP Carrie Fisher

Oh no! :( How sad, and at such a young age.

Her creation/portrayal of Princess Leia was iconic, and is one that will be remembered for very long time.

From the article on CNN (linked to above),
Fisher's death is the latest devastating loss to the Hollywood community, which has seen a number of legends pass away in 2016.

She was, you could say, a force.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Oh dear, how sad!

I remember watching the first Star Wars movie in 1977, and the other-worldly effect it had on the audience. Remember people exclaiming about how many times they'd seen it? Eight times! 10, 12, 20 times!!! I doubt if there's been anything like it since.

NEVER have a massive heart attack on an airplane. The odds are against you.

Too young.

Yes, actually a year younger than me. I recall her early days... she was hot... I'm not sure that I will ever forget that metallic bikini. I read somewhere recently that she was a wild thing back in the day too.

One of my favorites:

"Actually, I am a failed anorexic. I have anorexic thinking, but can't seem to muster the behavior." --Carrie Fisher

I find myself thinking of Kylo Ren today. He must be devastated after so recently losing his father.

Yes, actually a year younger than me. I recall her early days... she was hot... I'm not sure that I will ever forget that metallic bikini. I read somewhere recently that she was a wild thing back in the day too.

If you ever saw the movie "Shampoo", she had a short but memorable scene with Warren Beatty that alluded to that "wild side". I believe that was her film debut.

So sad, RIP.

Wow... sorry to hear.... I saw on the news last night that she was getting better...

So sad.

Like I needed another reason to hate this f***ing year! :(

Man, if years like this can't make people think about retiring early, I don't know what will...

Man, if years like this can't make people think about retiring early, I don't know what will...
People rationalize it by saying that she did drugs etc.
But the reality is that one simply doesn't know.

About 15 years ago, the HR manager at our company died from a brain aneurysm. She told a co-worker she wasn't feeling very well.

While I was away on FMLA, a co-worker collapsed and died of a heart attack at work.

Carrie Fisher lived a very full life, maybe not the one most people would have picked, but she did exactly as she wished, it sounds like. RIP, Princess Leia.

RIP, Carrie. You are gone much too soon.

Condolences to her loved ones.

She worked tirelessly to remove the stigma surrounding mental illness, and was 100% honest about her own struggles in this area. She was also funny as hell. She will be greatly missed.

Wow she looked so good in Rogue One! But seriously, it seems that she had a very hard life with many personal trials. Growing up the daughter of celebrities probably wasn't easy either. RIP.

"I am truly a product of Hollywood in-breeding. When two celebrities mate, someone like me is the result." -- Carrie Fisher

I never knew about her struggle with drug abuse until recently. And so, I just learned about her mental health and her honesty in publicly admitting the addiction problem.

We do not know if the drug abuse contributed to her heart attack. But it does not sound like she had a happy life to me.

Last edited:
RIP, Carrie. You are gone much too soon.

Condolences to her loved ones.

She worked tirelessly to remove the stigma surrounding mental illness, and was 100% honest about her own struggles in this area. She was also funny as hell. She will be greatly missed.

+1000

Anybody who helps remove the stigma of mental health issues is an angel in disguise. I think she was.

Its odd that people get so heartbroken over an actor dying. I never understood that. Did she moonlight as a research scientist to find cures for cancer? She must have made a huge impact on the human race for so many people to be heartbroken.

She must have made a huge impact on the human race for so many people to be heartbroken.

As a matter she did make a huge impact. Whether you consider it "important" is up to you.

A life is not measured by whether what we did was "important" enough to be worthy of mourning.

Its odd that people get so heartbroken over an actor dying. I never understood that. Did she moonlight as a research scientist to find cures for cancer? She must have made a huge impact on the human race for so many people to be heartbroken.

I'm guessing you didn't read the thread.

If you have no sympathy for the deceased you can at least show a little empathy for your fellow members. In any case, no need for sarcasm.

Unless members on here knew her or her family...I dont understand how they're so upset for a person who played make believe for a living. Yeah star wars is awesome...few would argue that. Shes immortalized because of those movies. But thats it...she was an actor.

I like the fact that she was a big dog lover...always took her dogs with her and treated them really well. Other than that its business as usual for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom