RV Upgrade Successful

Rich, that is the coolest ever! I had no idea these existed! I figured y'all would be hooked after the nifty Sprinter van! :) That is great that it collapses down to such a small footprint as it were. Great design!

We had a blast at the hippie music festival in Virginia with the Argosy in July, and only one minor electrical/starting issue. Gotta love that 1976 technology!

Have fun with the new RV and whenever you get back to SC--we want to check it out! Hunting Island is still awesome--we are heading back the week after Labor Day for another visit.

Sarah

Have fun with the new RV and whenever you get back to SC--we want to check it out! Hunting Island is still awesome--we are heading back the week after Labor Day for another visit.
I think of you two every time I see an Airstream.

We almost made it back to Beaufort last month but got side-tracked. Maybe when the weather breaks this fall we'll do Hunting Island, Hilton Head, Beaufort, and Chareleston or Savannah. Love the low country.

Are you certified yet?

Still don't know, the nerve-wracking maggots at the CFP board don't give out the results until 8 weeks after the test date! Sept 14th!

Sounds like a good idea to wait for the weather to break--it was 86 at midnight last night! And humid! Blech! Not that it is any better down there, but still...

Sarah

Do you think you'll miss the ability for one of you to actually be in the RV while the other is driving?
Thanks for sharing!

DW and I find that the 'getting there' part of the trip is often more than half the fun:

Me: I'm hungry, could you get me a peach out of the fridge? No, I changed my mind, how about a banana?
DW: OK, but I'm going to use the bathroom first, so sloww down a bit . . . and warn me if you have to swerve.
Me: No, no, no . . . ok.
DW: You are sooo juvenile.
Me: No I'm not.
DW: Yes you are!
Me: No I'm not . . . .

On longer, slower trips we both like to stop and putz around a lot. So easy, quick access to clothes, gear, and food is important, especially at rest stops. Plus, hot lunches, as opposed to sandwiches or roadside fast [-]food[/-] stuff, are much more enjoyable. Part of our problem is that we now have way too many accoutrements in the rig: I now mostly take longer walks with one of those extendable canes that has a camera screw on top so that I'm always prepared for picture (it's those dang digital zooms that require a steady surface for good results); I have three different little fanny (no jokes please;)) packs, choice depending on nearness to lunch/snack time and the length of the walk, etc. etc. All in all, a Class C works well for our . . . um . . . RV lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom