S&P 500 reached 2500

Blue Collar Guy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If anyone remember an old post of mine I had told my wife's dead broke uncle when the sp500 reaches 2500 Ill give him my car. Well I made the call Saturday evening.

Around Christmas 2014 the SP500 was at about 2000, I asked whoever was in charge of the tv remote at my mother in laws house can they put on the stock channel so I can see what was up. One to never pass up a potential opportunity, my wifes uncle said "so you in the market"? I told him yeah "all that money I stole when i was working, I buried it in the market." He loved that response. Larceny to him is an honorable occupation.:facepalm:. Anyway he threw around the S&P 500 term like he was a hedge fund manager. I told him you got it, im in that (im in the sp600/russell2000, mostly), but I didnt want to complicate matters. A few hours later he while we were playing penny poker(or was it pinochle ), he has many questions about this stock business I was in. I told him "when the SP500 goes to 2500 , Ill give you my car. He was and still is driving a 20 something year old, waiting to break down bomb.

Well fast forward 3 years later 2500 is here, I promised, & I made the call. Told him "do you remember...." He responded "I knew you would be calling..." I told him when ever he wants to make the trip over, the car, and title is all his. The bride said so what now? I said, BCG is getting either a fire engine red caddy or we going down to 1 car. I did less than 300 miles in my car so far this year.

When it goes back below 2500 does he have to give it back?

Seriously, that's a really nice thing for you to do. :flowers:

Whoaaaa!

Not to be confused with something similar.

Back
Top Bottom