Starbucks Espresso Frappuccino

dgoldenz

Full time employment: Posting here.
I go to Starbucks just about every day for a doubleshot on ice, but had a free drink today so I mixed it up a bit with a light espresso frappucino (coffee frap + a shot of espresso). This may be the best drink they have, and only 190 calories/1g fat for a venti. Every-day Starbucks is probably not the best way towards early retirement, but it's like an addiction. Discuss.

Thank you for funding my niece's stocks (we call her the Starbucks baby - she is only 3) Mom buys her stocks! Why does she not buy me stocks:confused:

I prefer DD over Starbucks - but it will do in a pinch!

I go to Starbucks just about every day for a doubleshot on ice, but had a free drink today so I mixed it up a bit with a light espresso frappucino (coffee frap + a shot of espresso). This may be the best drink they have, and only 190 calories/1g fat for a venti. Every-day Starbucks is probably not the best way towards early retirement, but it's like an addiction. Discuss.

If you really enjoy Starbucks then, by all means go there often as life is short. Just remember to fund your retirement savings in a big way also.

In my opinion, all of the ink that has been printed on the "latte" factor and Americans not being able to retire is a lot of bunk. It's all the other stuff too. The big cars/truck/houses/vacations and so on.

If you put a priority on savings you can also enjoy a few treats along the way.

As for Starbucks, I personally don't go there much. The coffee is too strong and it costs more than I want to pay. Nonetheless I see that they have a huge loyal following. The younguns here at work would rather pay a few dollars for a Starbucks than to drink the free Folgers here in the coffee pool. Me - I like free.

Admitted coffee addict here. I also like Starbucks (and DD and McDonalds coffee, too). People where I volunteer give me Starbucks gift cards so I haven't had to pay for it in a while.

Money saving Starbucks tip:

If you like iced Starbucks lattes, order espresso over ice and add your own milk (that steamed milk in the latte is just going to cool off anyway), and it will cost half as much and may be fresher.

I have friends who buy 3 of those $4 coffees every single day = $12 or so daily = $60 a week = $240 a month. Wow! is all I can say.
When did the price of coffee get so high at regular places like Denny's and IHOP? I remember when it was 50 cents a cup, and next thing I knew it was $1, then $1.50, and now $2 many places. Good grief...are coffee beans that expensive really?
Glad I cut my consumption down to one cup a day in the a.m.

I have friends who buy 3 of those $4 coffees every single day = $12 or so daily = $60 a week = $240 a month. Wow! is all I can say.
When did the price of coffee get so high at regular places like Denny's and IHOP? I remember when it was 50 cents a cup, and next thing I knew it was $1, then $1.50, and now $2 many places. Good grief...are coffee beans that expensive really?
Glad I cut my consumption down to one cup a day in the a.m.

3 Starbucks drinks a day? Wow...

Although I used to love Starbucks, I stopped going there about a decade back in order to save money, even though there was one right across the street from my work (when I was working! :D).

But then, a year or two ago I received a $5 Starbucks Christmas gift card from a Secret Santa at work. With that gift card, I purchased a vente cappucino, my first Starbucks in all those years and previously my favorite Starbucks coffee. I noticed two changes had occurred over the years - - first, the vente size seemed much smaller to me than before. I don't know if it really was but I was disappointed. And second, the cappucino seemed watery and flavorless.

I'll stick with a Senior Coffee from McDonalds, or even better, with my half coffee, half decaf blend that I brew for myself at home. I am not tempted to purchase a light expresso frappucino, even if it is the best coffee that Starbucks has, because I probably wouldn't like it.

If you really enjoy Starbucks then, by all means go there often as life is short. Just remember to fund your retirement savings in a big way also.

In my opinion, all of the ink that has been printed on the "latte" factor and Americans not being able to retire is a lot of bunk. It's all the other stuff too. The big cars/truck/houses/vacations and so on.

If you put a priority on savings you can also enjoy a few treats along the way.

As for Starbucks, I personally don't go there much. The coffee is too strong and it costs more than I want to pay. Nonetheless I see that they have a huge loyal following. The younguns here at work would rather pay a few dollars for a Starbucks than to drink the free Folgers here in the coffee pool. Me - I like free.
Agree whole heartedly! If ya can't afford to enjoy some of the pleasures along the way, how can ya afford to retire? If 'coffee' is only thing that's gonna kill a chance at ER...there's a problem! But as someone mentioned...$12/day...ah, I personally think that's insane...nuts...goofy!!! It's all about priorities!

Hey, I like Folgers better than the big-name, hot-shot stuff.....especially if it's FREE!!!

....I'll stick with a Senior Coffee from McDonalds,....
I hit Burger King almost everyday for my 'feine fix....49¢....regular or unleaded.....or hot tea...or ice tea...or soda pop...49¢. And I like the Mickey D's coffee as well! I liked it even better when our local one had "Free Coffee" Mondays (no purchase necessary )....drive in, tell 'em "Coffee, please."....drive to the window, and Dorothy would hand ya a cup of coffee, and tell ya to have a nice day!!!

I've never been into the flavored, foo-foo, sissy coffee stuff.....I like manly, truck-stop coffee...that stuff is 'bout as strong as the grouchy, old battle-axe behind the counter that's pouring it!!! :LOL:

I bought four packages of Starbucks ground coffee on sale at the supermarket. Each package came with a coupon for a free tall cup of coffee at the shop. I took a coupon which is the entire bag, sort of yucky to carry it; yes, that store was participating but they didn't have decaf. Clerk gave me an interesting tidbit, they stop serving decaf at noon because they sell only 20 cups of it per day. I sort of protested but but the late afternoon is logically when people might switch to decaf. nm, I went to Peet's where several others were ordering decaf. Discussed it with regulars there. It seems to me that they could function like the Blue Bottle shops and brew one cup at a time; especially to keep a customer in the store which is what the coupon is about anyway. End of rant.

Once I found out that the closest Starbucks is participating, I bought four more packages of their ground coffee, still on sale. Enjoyed my first free cup there the other day, seven more freebees.:)

btw, Peet's gives you a free cup with any purchase of coffee beans or ground coffee.

I buy cappuccino from the guy who made my avatar only for rare special treats. I don't like it better than a regular cup, it is just a nice ritual, and they leave out whole nutmeg which you can grind yourself.

Last edited:
Never been in a $tabuck$. More into the "cuppa mud" and long ago it was a "cuppa mud an a coupl a sinkers". Cheap coffee and donuts.

The local greasy spoon has pretty good bottomless coffee. $1.15

Never been in a $tabuck$. More into the "cuppa mud" and long ago it was a "cuppa mud an a coupl a sinkers". Cheap coffee and donuts....

You are soooo right; you have to go to greasy spoon to get the best donuts. I see lots of people buying donuts one place and coffee at another; they either hang out at the second coffee shop or sit out in the sun in front of a store with free seating.

Heh, CuppaJoe,right on. An occasional fun thing I do is go to the next town, where they have upscale coffee houses, and order plain black coffee.

It is way more expensive, but the look of incredulity and bewilderment on the barista's faces are priceless. What? Black coffee? You mean just plain coffee? Yeah says I, and ask for the senior discount too!

Ah the things I can do in retirement. Cheap thrills.

I have had only one cup of Starbucks (at Tampa airport years ago) and thought that it was too expensive for my LBYM lifestyle. I love coffee and brew up a big pot each AM. One can costs about $8 or so and lasts about a month or so.

I prefer to blow my cash of pricey beer.

Starbucks is okay but as the local outlet is in a strip mall where I never shop, I have only been there once. I brew up my own coffee at home in the morning and drink about 3 cups black while I shower and listen to Bloomberg and get ready for w*rk. That is it for the day as far as the caffeine goes. There is a funky art gallery/coffee shop near my office where I get an iced coffee in the p.m. but only once in a great while. Also a very good coffee shop owned by an independent near the local mall and the thing I like about this place is that they roast the beans on the premises. I stop there sometimes on winter week-ends after the gym and get a skinny latte. This place also has the best lemon pound cake.

Too cheap to buy a "foo-foo" coffee at Starbucks everyday.

I prefer my double-double at Timmy's (Tim Horton's).

.....More into the "cuppa mud" and long ago it was a "cuppa mud an a coupl a sinkers". Cheap coffee and donuts......
Many years ago one of the local firefighters owned a little (very little) donut and coffee shop just off the main drag through town...about 200 feet from the firehouse. It had a counter with about 12-14 stools, and no tables or chairs...dinky little joint.

However, he had a huge storeroom at the back of the place with a few 10' long picnic tables in it, that most people didn't know about. And that was the hangout for all the city workers...'cept them at city hall. There'd be trucks and squad cars scattered for blocks around every morning, and we'd all parade through the front door, through the kitchen, and into the storeroom. The waitress would bring in a huge tray of 'sinkers' (and they really were!) and a couple of pots of coffee, and if ya ran out of either ya just hollered and she brought more! It was 75¢ a day, no matter how much or how little ya ate or drank.

Oh, for the good ol' days!!! And like Joni Mitchell's 'Big Yellow Taxi', "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot..." and they literally did just that! The state bought the place when the were doing some highway work nearby, tore it down, and paved the property....to make it a parking lot. Those worthless @$$hole$.:mad:

Don't care for Starbucks. DH is a terrific barrista and he did espresso/lattes way better than any I ever had at Starbucks. We gave up the home espresso bar when we moved into the RV and settled for drip coffee instead. But it's still great because we use primo beans ground fresh every morning. Most of our beans we order from Hunter Bay Coffee Roasters in Lolo Montana. We've tried a bunch of "local" roasters in our RV wanderings and they came out on top.

Audrey

Back
Top Bottom