Stressless Recliners

Mine is also a Mayfair, and it took almost eight weeks to get here. The label says it was made in Norway, but maybe that just means the label was made there. :D

I have a Stressless chair in leather that I bought 4 years ago so it still looks showroom. I also have a 8 year old leather power recliner and power couch from a different manufacturer that also look showroom. I prefer the leather since fabric will ugly faster and leather seems to get a nice patina over time instead. I also have cats that could tear up fabric so I don't take the chance with anything except full grain leather over the entire piece of furniture.

I am currently looking into buying various Stressless pieces. Never saw any with fabric in the show rooms. And I live in Norway. But thank you for the heads up!

I am currently looking into buying various Stressless pieces. Never saw any with fabric in the show rooms. And I live in Norway. But thank you for the heads up!

Well, if you can't find one with fabric in Norway, I'm guessing my odds are pretty low finding one in the US!

I ordered a Stressless in fabric today. Delivery is in 4-6 months. They have a promotion going on right now and I was able to get a 10% discount, which was a nice bonus. Either way, definitely not an inexpensive purchase. I didn’t find any in fabric to view beforehand, so I chose based on the swatches.

I’ll update the thread once it’s delivered.

I have to agree. I tried several last year in a showroom and while it was comfortable, it wasn’t as comfortable as some others I’ve tried. Definitely not worth the cost.

Same here. We were shopping for recliners for the family room. My standard for comfort is my theater room recliners and although the Stressless were nice, I didn't find any of the Sressless quite as comfortable as my theater room recliners.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom