String Trimmers

Interesting topic. I'm the only odd on that like the 4 stroke trimmers.
Street, I once bought a 4 stroke leaf blower. I was really looking forward to the fact that you don't have to mix the gas & oil.
The 4 stroke leaf blower did not have the same power (leaf blowing force) as my previous 2 stroke model. I ended up returning the 4 stroke leaf blower.

I Love the "Worx Battery String Trimmer"

I have the one by Worx, I get free string for life. It is light weight. I get 6 spools of string each time I order and it is free.

Thinking the Ego will work for me....Thanks to all..

I think that is a fine choice.

I have the Milwaukee since I already have a few of their batteries for power tools. Works well for me. I wouldn't recommend someone start there for yard tools.

I failed to mention that I have a Snapper mower which uses a "Briggs and Stratton" 82v battery. Turns out B&S are getting into energy storage as they see the writing on the wall for small gas engines. It is 6 years going and works very well. Disappointed to hear about an Ego failing at 5, yet it still would not dissuade me from Ego.

When we moved we sold/gave away all our gas powered lawn tools and got a Ryobi mower, trimmer and blower. They share batteries and work very well.

Ryobi's work well for me

I've been using the Ryobi 18V string Trimmer and the 40V with a brush cutter blade. Both work good enough for my purposes. I run out of energy before either one goes through 2 batteries.

Ryobi is a fine consumer grade product. I have a set of ONE+ power tools I use as a back up. It uses their 18v system and is adequate.

I was disappointed by their 40v system from 10 years ago. It didn't last but 3 years before the battery only held for a minute or two. I used it a lot, maybe that contributed.

Then again, it was 10 years ago. Hopefully their 40v system today is better. The batteries look a bit different, so perhaps there are design changes since then.

One reason I have all this stuff: Milwaukee, Ryobi and Snapper/Briggs is because I had a gig doing product reviews. I feel fortunate to have seen and used many different systems. Sadly, I never got to try Ego. My neighbors like Ego.

Black and Decker BESTE620 bit the dust after 4 - 5 spools of line. Started to make a loud rattle noise and vibrated. Then the spinning got weak, then it stopped. I suspect gears inside stripped, but not going to take it apart. Only had it 2 weeks, so back to Amazon it goes. Hiring someone to finish the slopes anyway.

Back
Top Bottom