TaxAct - major price increase

Late last year I supposedly "locked in" a $15 price for the deluxe version of the web-based TaxAct. I was very unpleasantly surprised -- and very annoyed -- to find that filing my GA state return was an extra $33. I was so far along at that point that I just went ahead and did it. As I consider this to be pretty crappy and borderline deceptive treatment of a long standing customer, I will be considering other options next year.

As an aside, we have a friend who starts his tax return online every year, making notes as he goes, and then declines to finish and file when he gets to the end. He just transfers all the info to a hard copy and mails it in. I thought this was the epitome of cheap when he first told me he does this, but actually I'm kind of considering the idea myself for next year.

Same here. And I even wrote them and talked with them about their deceptive practice. If you can share with buddies, then turbo tax is the best deal.

The $15 H&R Block deluxe slickdeal is the best one you can get, with just a little work. Still going strong.

Back
Top Bottom