This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could use the rain here in Texas.....oh, maybe I shouldn't have said that/:facepalm:
Be careful what you wish for. We prayed for rain at the beginning of summer and it has rained for two months straight. We'd love to send you some of ours. And Fred is heading this way. Ugh.

There's nothing so wonderful as 100 degree days when the air is filled with forest fire smoke. Oregon didn't used to be so hot.
I can't imagine the smoke from those fires! Sounds awful. Hopefully if you have AC you can get away from it, inside.

I'm praying for rain. Hot and dry is a repeat day after day. The one good thing is we have 40's and low 50's over night and really doesn't get to upper 90's till late afternoon. Then a few hours of that then starts to head back down. Very low humidity so it could be worse. I couldn't not live where the heat and humidity is a normal weather event day after day.

Last edited:
I don’t know how some of you are able to handle the extreme highs; I would be miserable. When the temps in WI started to hit 90’s, I hightailed it up to the U.P, where temps on the lake are currently 70’s for highs and low 50’s for lows. I might not come home until September.

Attachments

• capture.jpg
    capture.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 27
15 years since I spent 30 years in New Orleans doing the 'hurricane drill'. And my Sis calls me today from the Olympic Peninsula out WA way - unusual heat(no A/C) and smoke/haze from distant fires.

I like boring here in Midwest - no recent tornado sirens or flood watch(for us) cause we're on a hill.

Heh heh heh - :cool: I did manage to use tire hazard insurance three times last winter seeking out potholes with low profile ties. :facepalm: :greetings10:

Last edited:
15 years since I spent 30 years in New Orleans doing the 'hurricane drill'. And my Sis calls me today from the Olympic Peninsula out WA way - unusual heat(no A/C) and smoke/haze from distant fires.

I like boring here in Midwest - no recent tornado sirens or flood watch(for us) cause we're on a hill.

Heh heh heh - :cool: I did manage to use tire hazard insurance three times last winter seeking out potholes with low profile ties. :facepalm: :greetings10:

:greetings10: Watch out for those Kansas tornados, Unclemick! :D Don't want to be swept off to Oz by a tornado, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz books. :) Glad to know you've got sirens.

You may want to move further north to Nebraska. :)

The coming climate migration for the USA.
https://projects.propublica.org/climate-migration/

I read that the path of Henri took a bit more east than predicted.

Heavy rain during the overnight but now it is just sprinkles.
They are predicting more rain in the afternoon, but it looks not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Henri was downgraded to a tropical storm before making landfall in Rhode Island this morning.

Henri was downgraded to a tropical storm before making landfall in Rhode Island this morning.

Yea, It turned out to be a big flop here on the south coast of MA. It was a little breezy, and light rain. If I hadn’t seen all the hype, I would have attributed it to a typical, nice sea breeze.

Yea, It turned out to be a big flop here on the south coast of MA. It was a little breezy, and light rain. If I hadn’t seen all the hype, I would have attributed it to a typical, nice sea breeze.

So glad for you!

We are on the Connecticut shoreline about 65 miles west of where Henri came ashore. So far, the winds have not been too bad here. It has been raining on and off. There has been about a 5 foot storm surge in Long Island Sound. However, even though we are right on the water, we are well elevated. So it hasn't been a problem for us. The TV news is reporting power outages and some inland flooding due to rain, but it could have been a lot worse.

I have a long time friend in Glen Cove NY. Called yesterday and the reception was awful but he wasn’t too concerned.

From what I can tell they’re way west of landfall but I’m assuming power is sketchy.

I live near Westerly, RI where Henri landed. Power is out. Lots of rain on Sat. Strong wind on early Sunday morning. But it was not as bad as expected. True there are flooded areas and down trees on the road but comparing to Sandy it was mild which I am grateful for.

I’m up at my Moms’ place this morning in Northern CA. Power is out and the air is so thick with smoke that you can taste it.

Yuck!

I live in the SF Bay Area and we had a couple of bad days for smoke. My sister lives in Reno NV and she is getting so much smoke from the fires west from her. You may already know, but we use https://www2.purpleair.com to monitor the air. It is an excellent site. Smoke and the heat waves are now the norm unfortunately.

I live near Westerly, RI where Henri landed. Power is out. Lots of rain on Sat. Strong wind on early Sunday morning. But it was not as bad as expected. True there are flooded areas and down trees on the road but comparing to Sandy it was mild which I am grateful for.
So glad the effects were not as bad as expected! :D Thanks for the report.

Ugh. Just got word that a cousin was swept away in the floods in Tennessee over the weekend. Found out from another family member who saw her Facebook live video looking for someone to help her. :(

Ugh. Just got word that a cousin was swept away in the floods in Tennessee over the weekend. Found out from another family member who saw her Facebook live video looking for someone to help her. :(

Wow, that’s not good. Hoping for the best ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom