This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sunny in my neck o' the woods, but don't let that fool ya. It's about 40 F and the wind is blowing around 30 mph. It will rip ya a new one! :eek:

Most of the snow is gone except for half-melted snowmen blobs scattered about.

Oooooh...I just noticed this is post # 5,000 for me. Whew, I've been busy...I need a vacation...

It was snowing overnight (4") and an inch or so of light snow fell all morning. Lake effect is staying well north of me right now.
Oh how I love a true west wind...nyah nyah na nyah naaaaa :greetings10:
NWS radar image loop of Composite Reflectivity from Montague, NY

If it shifts to a true NW wind, no more laughing at Mother Nature for me. ;)

Attachments

• today 2010-02-12 001.jpg
    today 2010-02-12 001.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 3

If you're going to torment yourself, why not make it even warmer by checking this out.

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 19.56°N and Longitude 154.88°W (Elev. 0 ft)

Actually, we're in the grip of a cold snap. Should be closer to 80 these days (was yesterday). Good sleeping under the comforter (with all the windows open, of course).

I read last week that we were the only state with no snow. Usually, this time of year, the mountains of Maui and Hawaii have snow - could be just because those two counties are in the midst of a draught.

Ya'll come. We need the tourist dollars!!

It's a beautiful day here in North Dakota. It's a sunny 30 degrees and people are driving around with their windows open. I guess it's all relative.

It's a beautiful day here in North Dakota. It's a sunny 30 degrees and people are driving around with their windows open. I guess it's all relative.

Hey, NoDak, Cavalier is close to where a good friend of mine grew up, Hallock, Minnesota.

Don't blow away.

Whenever I hear North Dakota, I think of the movie Fargo. All those snowy and icy scenes, plus the wood chipper at the end. Those Coen brothers movies are something. Glad to hear you had a pretty day.

Those foggy road scenes in "Fargo" were filmed about 7 miles from where I live. I travel that road often and frequently am reminded of the movie. That was an unusual winter, warmer and foggier than normal.

I read last week that we were the only state with no snow. Usually, this time of year, the mountains of Maui and Hawaii have snow - could be just because those two counties are in the midst of a draught.

Ya'll come. We need the tourist dollars!!

If I thought I could talk DW into it I'd take you up on that. I have a IRA in a 3.85% CD that will mature in June and I can take the money w/o tax penalty then. This is a small IRA that I opened in 1984 when I was going through the divorce, and it's well over five figures now.

A trip to Hawaii with my DW of 21 years seems a sensible and fitting way to spend it. All of it!:D

She, however, is even more tightfisted than I am so I dunno....

Those foggy road scenes in "Fargo" were filmed about 7 miles from where I live. I travel that road often and frequently am reminded of the movie. That was an unusual winter, warmer and foggier than normal.

Yeah!

YouTube - Fargo Yeah

It's been chilly in Florida but it is finally warming up . It's kind of strange to see the snowbirds walking around in bathing suits while the permanent residents are wearing jeans and sweaters .

Weather is a funny thing. Last week snow, yesterday beautiful golf weather. Suppose to be sunny and mid 60's today. I noticed redbud trees starting to show signs of budding out. Sniffing a little early springtime baby!;)

Yes, looking forward to a beautiful day here in AL, too - high of 67 today!

Yesterday it was sunny and got up to 45. Today might even hit a balmy 47. Wow, almost shorts weather! :D

I'm still watching the snow melt off the roof. Can't get off there fast enough for my taste.

Looks like one more good blast of Ol' Man Winter is headed our way before departing for a few months.

We're on winter storm warning tomorrow, with 1-3" of snow expected. Yeah, compared to what a lot folks have been getting (even as nearby as north Texas) it ain't much, but we've only had a couple of light flurries this winter -- but they're calling for enough to stick this time.

Camera is at the ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom