Tipping Furniture Delivery Guys

mitchjav

Recycles dryer sheets
Do you guys tip furniture delivery guys? How much? Depending on
the effort involved? Different for 2 deliverer's? 3 deliverer's?

Thanks

I do but mainly for big stuff that they have to carry thru and place, or things that require some assembly on delivery - not a front door drop. If there's more than one guy I like to have multiple bills so they can split easily.

Don't trip the delivery guys. They really hate that.

I tip all the "big ticket" deliveries. Not fedex or ups or amazon or dhl or such.

I also tip the big delivery guys, usually $20 each if they assemble or hook up something. Especially if it’s upstairs.

I usually have tipped them. $20 each.

We also tip for big deliveries, $10-$20 each depending on the situation. They have all seemed happily surprised by it.

Usually not because they're already getting paid and I always make it easy for them. Sometimes I'll even remove a door if it's a large item.

Recently had a washing machine delivered that came with free hookup. I had them put it down close to where I was hooking it up and let them go without hooking it up because I wanted to do it myself.

Never have. One of those things I just never thought to do. I did tip my movers when we moved our entire house. Not sure about furniture or appliance delivery. Thankfully I don’t have any deliveries expected in the near future.

I am of the opinion that tipping is over expected these days. Doesn’t anyone get paid properly for doing their job? The one place I do tip well and am happy to do so is the restaurant. Those people live on tips and I’ve been even doing more because I view them as being on the front lines of this pandemic.

$10 each person. They are happy and I tell them to have a good lunch on me.

Never have. One of those things I just never thought to do. I did tip my movers when we moved our entire house. Not sure about furniture or appliance delivery. Thankfully I don’t have any deliveries expected in the near future.

I am of the opinion that tipping is over expected these days. Doesn’t anyone get paid properly for doing their job? The one place I do tip well and am happy to do so is the restaurant. Those people live on tips and I’ve been even doing more because I view them as being on the front lines of this pandemic.
Not as much as they should. Remember, if the minimum wage was indexed to inflation or productivity or CEO pay, it would be over $20/hr right now.

But let's not Porky this thread. ;)

I tip around $10 per person for basic "put it here" inside deliveries of valuable stuff (TVs, appliances), and sometimes $20 or more if it's complicated (up/down stairs in a particular place, unboxing/assembling, etc.). This is a job that is tough on their bodies, they will not be able to do it until they're 65, but they're not making the money that athletes are.

Last edited:
I have a dining room table coming tomorrow and figured I would tip $20 each for two guys. It is not am imposition for me and they can use the dough. If I was stretched for cash I would probably be less generous with tipping.

This is a job that is tough on their bodies, they will not be able to do it until they're 65, but they're not making the money that athletes are.

We know someone who was a mover for 35 years (he just retired). He owned his own truck and had 3 or 4 employees and made a pretty good living. He told me that lifting straps and good technique make things a lot easier. He also weight trained regularly but told me that most of his employees never did as they thought that lifting at work was enough. He didn't believe that and said that his strength allowed him to have an extended career with no injuries.

No. I figured paying the high delivery fee was good enough. But I don't buy that much that needs delivery anyway.

Back
Top Bottom