Walking sandal recommendations for women

I've done battle with plantar fasciitis and I'm in the process of replacing most of my shoes.

I bought a pair of Ecco sandals (Offroad Yucatan style) and love them. They are probably not what the OP was looking for stylewise, but are very comfortable for walking.

I just got some sandals made by Taos (Trulie style). They have a cork base and so far I like them. I wear them with shorts and casual dresses.

Recently shopped at the Walking Company store. They have a good selection of shoes and the staff was helpful in guiding me to a good shoe for my PF.

+1 on Zappos! Another recent discovery for me. I just got 2 pairs of shoes, but they did not fit. Return was easy peasy. Be sure to sign up for their rewards program before you buy. You will get faster shipping that way.

This thread has inspired me to look for some more sandals. I need more colors!

DW bought a pair of Khombu river sandals from Costco. $12! She like them a lot. I actually have a pair of the mens and they are my goto sandals.

51oXpVtnLxL._UY695_.jpg

Last edited:
DW bought a pair of Khombu river sandals from Costco. $12! She like them a lot. I actually have a pair of the mens and they are my goto sandals.

51oXpVtnLxL._UY695_.jpg

I have two pairs of very similar sandals made by Clarks. They are super comfortable.

I use Zappos a lot, but want to go to The Walking Company store. I've never been to a podiatrist and am wondering if my foot pattern is normal or pronating. I got blisters from a pair of sneakers that makes me think I might be pronating. We'll see. Thanks for all the recommendations!

DW loves Tevas.

Me too. I really like my Teva Tirras. They are comfortable, and great for our rainy summer days too. Here's a photo taken from Amazon, where I got them. They come in a large selection of colors.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
I use Zappos a lot, but want to go to The Walking Company store. I've never been to a podiatrist and am wondering if my foot pattern is normal or pronating. I got blisters from a pair of sneakers that makes me think I might be pronating. We'll see. Thanks for all the recommendations!

The Walking Co. will have you walk across a pad to analyze your foot. I'm not sure if this is a sales gimmick.

You can check the wear pattern on your shoes and Google that to help determine your problem and type of shoe to select.

I have found the staff at the Walking Co. store to be very helpful. Avoid busy times like Friday afternoon.

I'm a dude, but I just discovered the best sandals I have ever owned. I love them so much I just bought three pair so I will have them for the next decade. Keen Uneek, check them out. Feels like wearing a sock.

Chacos are wonderful. Not only can the company repair and refurbish them, you can wash them in the washing machine. They are great for plantar fasciitis and I walked 8-10 miles a day in them on vacation.

Me too. I really like my Teva Tirras. They are comfortable, and great for our rainy summer days too. Here's a photo taken from Amazon, where I got them. They come in a large selection of colors.

These look cute! Really like the colors. Thanks!!

Reactions: W2R
I had suggested Tevas above, and the OP said that she had some already, but looked at the recent ones and saw some were cute. I looked and saw those Tirras too. I liked these the most, and may get a pair to replace my very old Tevas.This thread has made me remember to look at Keens too. Always wanted to try them and I like how they look. Some look really supportive and protective against ankle twists (very important to me after my injury.)

I love reading all the suggestions on this thread!

The Heling Sole flip flop! www.thehealingsole.com is a flip flop that is cute and actually cures the pain from plantar fasciitis. I worked with the owner for a little while and couldn't believe the product loyalty. It's a consumer grade medical device disguised as a flip flop. The designer is a female foot and ankle fellow out of UTMB Galveston and an orthopedic surgeon who served in Iraq and saw soldiers with foot pain who just wanted to wear their flip flops again. The client base is mostly ladies now, but men buy them too. Enjoy!

Currently in Baretraps .. comfy and good looking.

Squishy enough sole prevents museum-feet when being a tourist.

mews

Ok so I went shopping today. Bought a pair of Teva Verra's in blue, Ecco Bouillon in black, Ecco Felicia in gray, Naturalizer Neina in white, and SAS Duo in white. Will likely only keep one of the three white/gray sandals but will try 3 on to see which works best for me. The Walking Company didn't have great options for me but at least I was able to confirm that I don't have a pronation issue.

Thanks for all the great suggestions - very helpful as I transition my wardrobe from a career woman to an active retiree!

Oh nice! Sounds like you got a bit of everything! It sounds like you'll be all set [emoji4]

After I bought the Teva's & Ecco's, I found some SAS sandals that I LOVE. Very cute & comfortable. I ordered another pair in black. I think I will return the Ecco's since I haven't worn them & the SAS fit is slightly better.

Thanks for all the tips!

Back
Top Bottom