Weed spray for lawn care

I'm not that big on multi-products but I did buy the bioadvance (Bayer) 5 in one product this spring. It was fert, pre and post emergent crabgrass, and pre and post emergent broadleaf weeds. This is a granular product.

And I have to say it has done as advertised.

I also like the Bioadvance (Bayer)liquid All-in-one weed and crabgrass killer. Good if you have an outbreak of clover or if you already fertilized.

These are available at Lowes etc. I am surprised how well they worked.

Timing is everything with these kinds of Chemical Herbicides. Applying them at the wrong time of year is wasteful.

There's Pre-emergent and Post-Emergent to also consider. Applying in the Fall will prevent Spring time weeds from emerging. You must pay attention to "watering in" or "stick to the leaves" when figuring when to spray.

Most states have an 'Extension Service' that will give you specific instructions for your location. Here is Clemson's Home & Garden Info Center webpage --
https://hgic.clemson.edu
+1. Pre-emergents will help control weeds proactively- but it takes a few years to really have a big effect. Post emergents are the next line of defense. Lots of good ones to control broadleaf weeds, grassy weeds are MUCH harder to kill. Follow all directions exactly or you’re wasting products and your results will be disappointing.

I used some curtail once. I use it on wheat and other small grains, very good stuff. Expensive and you need a license. It did a great job on the grass with a light dose.

I should point out I live on a farm and the closest neighbor is a half mile away, I'd never try it in town.

Has anyone had good luck killing Dollar Weed growing in St Augustine grass? Scotts Weed and Feed for St Aug has never worked well. I just want to control the weeds without destroying the lawn.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom