what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring wild turkey scouting!!! Found out I need to get in better shape!
Heck, around here you can scout from your car driving down the interstate. They're all over the place.

Doing the cataract evaluation shuffle at the eye surgeons office. So many machines, techs and other patients. Hurry up and wait!

Doing the cataract evaluation shuffle at the eye surgeons office. So many machines, techs and other patients. Hurry up and wait!

If you were ever in the military you'll be very familiar with the process. I felt like I might have to salute or raise my right hand and take an oath by the time I finally saw the eye doc!

I had a similar issue with DW's Honda Pilot. I put off spending the $ to replace the front struts for a couple of years and ended up replacing the entire vehicle. The clunk never got any worse - and it is completely gone now. :)
I had a chance to drive it more today and it is much better. I didn't realize that struts could develop an internal clunk, or maybe it was in the spring / pad / mount interface. The strut package replaced them all in one clean shot and it was a simple and cheap task to do myself.

If you were ever in the military you'll be very familiar with the process. I felt like I might have to salute or raise my right hand and take an oath by the time I finally saw the eye doc!
Over the next year, my DW will need to continue to see an ophthalmologist every 4 to 6 weeks for treatments. So far the average wait time has been about 3 hours per visit. The shortest was about 2 hours and the longest about 7. Actual time with the doctor is about 15 minutes per visit. Sometime the waiting room(s) are so crowded there is standing room only. It's very common to hear someone in the waiting room talking about the long waits, however, I've never heard anyone say they won't be coming back.

Last edited:
Heck, around here you can scout from your car driving down the interstate. They're all over the place.

We've actually had them on our car a couple of times. They get intrigued with their reflection in the windshield. It is pretty weird to go outside and have a wild turkey on your car hood.

We've actually had them on our car a couple of times. They get intrigued with their reflection in the windshield. It is pretty weird to go outside and have a wild turkey on your car hood.

Reminds me of my BIL who had one come through his windshield at 60 MPH. It hit right in front of the steering wheel and landed on his lap. He somehow managed to maintain control of the car and pull over on the opposite side shoulder of the two-lane road. He opened the drivers door and the bird hopped out and staggered off into the brush...

I went to the dentist and got that root canal done early. I called and got the date moved up because few things are less fun than waiting for a root canal and I just couldn't take the tension any more. :LOL: It was quick and easy, and I feel so much better already.

Right now I'm thinking that modern dentistry is right up there with indoor plumbing as far as my favorite aspects of living in today's civilization.
I'll see your root canal and raise you 3 extractions. :LOL:

Just kidding. Glad to hear that's over with. Hope all mends well. :flowers:

Finished my shock absorber project by installing the rear shocks. Installing the shocks themselves was a piece of cake, but I had to remove two large plastic trim panels to access the top shock absorber bolts.

Anyone who has removed trim panels knows that they are designed to be installed exactly one time and after that you have broken, bent and lost clips and a lifetime of rattles. :facepalm:

I just realized I forgot my FIRE anniversary...April 1st. Wow, where did 8 years go ?

Mr B and I spent a nice day together. No Legion stuff or tax w*rk pulling at him for once. He got something in the sole of his foot the other day. I tried to remove it but couldn't see what was in there even with a magnifier lens. He went to the VA for a regular physical today and got it removed. Now he's on antibiotics for 10 days since there was a slight infection going on.

It was a wood splinter from the hallway. I ordered a full 21 foot carpet runner from Home Depot online.. It should here within a week. In the meantime, "shoes on" is the new rule in the house.

Red Sox play at 7 PM tonight on MLB TV. We really enjoy watching the games together. That will keep him off his feet for a few hours.

Reminds me of my BIL who had one come through his windshield at 60 MPH. It hit right in front of the steering wheel and landed on his lap. He somehow managed to maintain control of the car and pull over on the opposite side shoulder of the two-lane road. He opened the drivers door and the bird hopped out and staggered off into the brush...

Your BIL has more patience than I do. I'd have wrung it's neck and possibly ate it for dinner.

Yep, he had some "unkind" things to say about that turkey. I'm pretty sure he was in shock at the time and didn't think of exacting revenge until he recovered.

Springtime in South Central Texas. :)

A photo from this week's local paper:

Attachments

• 2apr15snake_mj_neuman_2.jpg
    2apr15snake_mj_neuman_2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 41
Is that dinner?

I am glad your BIL was not injured. Our turkeys have been MIA for awhile. I think the winter rains let them find food back up in the mountains. But when they are here I do worry about them wandering around the roads. A few months ago I saw a flock hanging out at the side of a road with SUVs whizzing by just inches away.

Fortunately our personal car - turkey encounters have been limited to parked cars in our driveway, and just trying to get them to move on without scratching the paint with their talons.

You know it, old style chicken.;);

Spent the 1 year anniversary of my retirement relaxing around the house after a 5 day road trip. It seems that time goes by faster in retirement than it did when I was working.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Spent the 1 year anniversary of my retirement relaxing around the house after a 5 day road trip. It seems that time goes by faster in retirement than it did when I was working.
Congratulations on your one year anniversary.

+1@ time flying by quickly. There were more than a few slow days in my working life, but not so many since then. Where has the time gone? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom